• Welcome to RRLeagues | Online Sim Racing!

RRLeagues is an established sim racing community and home to many like-minded, respectful individuals all with a passion for racing.

Register your free account today to begin your virtual race driver career!

See you on track...

S36 WTCR | Round 7 | 01/04/20 | Race of Macau

Added to Calendar: 01/04/20

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Welcome to the RRL-R3E-S36-WTCR Round 7 Race of Macau thread.

SESSION TIMES (UK time)

Official Practice: 19:00 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:00 (2/3 mins)
Race 1: 20:03 (21 mins (60km))
Race 2: 20:*26 (47 mins (120km))

*approximate time.

In-game time: Sunset

DRIVER BRIEFING

ALL
drivers are required to be in the PRE RACE BRIEFING voice channel for the Driver Briefing which will commence 15 mins before Qualifying is due to commence. Those that fail to show without prior warning will be given a warning which will also gain 1 penalty point on your Licence.

TRACK DESCRIPTION

Few, if any other, circuits around the world can claim a 60-year history using virtually the same layout, but that is precisely what Macau's Guia circuit has achieved. Since 1954, drivers have threaded their way through its precarious twists and turns, its big altitude variations and a very long main straight, making this track one of the most complete and challenging of the world.

TRACK LAYOUT

1573236195284.png

LEADERBOARD

INCIDENT SUBMISSION

https://rrleagues.com/index.php?thr...ubmissions-stewards-reports-rrl-licence.1550/

REGISTERED DRIVERS

All registered drivers are required to attend this race. If for any reason you are unable to attend then please state your absence below. If a registered driver is not in the server by the end of the briefing and has not given prior notice of late arrival, their place will be offered to any guest drivers that are present at the briefing.

GUEST DRIVERS

Any driver who is not registered for this series may apply for a guest start at this event here: https://raceapp.eu/RRL1#/Events/3868?tab=bookings. Requests will also be confirmed, or left unconfirmed, on that page. Guest drivers must be registered on the forum and have joined our Discord channel and be present for the Pre-Race Briefing.

RESULT / INFO / STATS

Last edited:

Greg Metcalf

Media
Clearly there will be no overtaking at the hairpin but can we push a car to face the right way if they get stuck in the narrow section?

Also the very fast mandarin bend. This is only a suggestion, whoever has their nose in front before turn in should be given the corner. If you try it side by side you could both end up at the back of the pack

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Clearly there will be no overtaking at the hairpin but can we push a car to face the right way if they get stuck in the narrow section?
At your own risk, I would say. Quite easy to damage suspension. If a driver is stuck I would advise them to press escape.

Also the very fast mandarin bend. This is only a suggestion, whoever has their nose in front before turn in should be given the corner. If you try it side by side you could both end up at the back of the pack
Yes, we need real social distancing through mandarin!

L1, T2 is the most dangerous corner on the track. 2 problems - 1) going side by side through mandarin will never end well 2) those who decide to slow to try and make way for each other through mandarin cause a problem for the rest of the field who aren't lifting in anticipation.

PPl need to show caution into T2 and lift early. The race begins after T2. I'll need to reiterate this in the briefing.

David Dhoore

Staff member
Donator
Steward
2 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
My races

Quali p3 2.30.9
Couldnt repeat my lap of practice because of traffic in the first lap and 2nd and 3rd lap was just not tight enough around the walls to gain some tenths but happy with p3

Race1 dnf
Start was good and backed out for t2 on openingslap to not go 2 wide through the corner . MIke lead the pack and me Magnus and Robert had good pace and were slowly increasing the gap but then on lap3 Magnus hits the inside barrier of t2 and lost control. He bounced back in front of me and there was no chance to avoid him . Both cars were done . Tried to continue but without front bumper and neckered suspension it was just to dangerous for other drivers so pressed escape ...very unfortunate and brutal but thats Macau no room for error .

Race 2 p7
Started p28 so didnt expect much but had a very enjoyable race . Picked up some engine and suspension damage after an inc on the famous melco hairpin but after that a very nice scrap with Simon and we were making our way through the field. Did everything i could to catch him but in overtaking drivers everytime i lost some seconds and i could start all over again . But excellent racing there and no mistakes from both. I was lucky and ended the race in p7 because Greg and Colin needed to save fuel .

Results are bad but not dissapointed at all , happy with my pace and with some more luck 2 top 5 s were deffo in range
Congrats to Mike with the champ and i see you all at the next event . :)

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Q: 2:31.765 (on my 1st lap)

was .5 up on my 2nd & 3rd attempt going up St Francisco Hill but at various points would make the slightest of mistakes. low 31 was possible for me, but 8th was ok.

R1 DNF

its always a tale of 'what could have been' so i wont tell you what could have been! locked up into T17 and hit exit barrier quite hard and picked up a puncture. the dread i was feeling approaching the hairpin with a gaggle of fast guys approaching. i tried, but it wasn't happening so had to hit escape. sorry to those it effected.

R2 P6

see David's R2 report. was fun. David could gain on me slightly each lap and i was fortunate that i could overtake other cars at the right places, which then gave me a bit more advantage again to David. very pleased with P6 from a DNF.

i gather a few ran out of fuel. i ALWAYS ask the Chief for my fuel amounts and he hasn't let me down.

R1 was 21 mins, so worst case is 21 mins + 1 lap. so fo this race i ask 'how much fuel for 24 mins?' for race 2, 'how much fuel for 50 mins?'

always ask for time + 1 lap (time). to be sure i always add 1 or 2L

elbow pumps to Mike, grats to podiums

Top Bottom