• Welcome to RRLeagues | Online Sim Racing!

RRLeagues is an established sim racing community and home to many like-minded, respectful individuals all with a passion for racing.

Register your free account today to begin your virtual race driver career!

See you on track...

S40 Tatuus F4 | Round 2 | 27/05/20 | Red Bull Ring Spielberg

Added to Calendar: 27/05/20

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Welcome to the RRL-R3E-S40-Tatuus F4 Round 2 Red Bull Ring Spielberg GP thread.

SESSION TIMES (UK time)

Official Practice: 19:00 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:00 (20 mins)
Race 1: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race 2: 20:40 (45 mins)

DRIVER BRIEFING

ALL drivers are required to be in the PRE RACE BRIEFING voice channel for the Driver Briefing which will commence 15 mins before Qualifying is due to commence. Those that fail to show without prior warning will be given a warning which will also gain 1 penalty point on your Licence.

TRACK DESCRIPTION

A modern update on the legendary Österreichring, Red Bull Ring reviving the well-known corners and adding a few new twists to the set of challenges a complete lap offers. Tight corners and heavy braking means good overtaking opportunities.

TRACK LAYOUT

1587372952576.png

LEADERBOARD

INCIDENT SUBMISSION

REGISTERED DRIVERS

All registered drivers are required to attend this race. If for any reason you are unable to attend then please state your absence below. If a registered driver is not in the server by the end of the briefing and has not given prior notice of late arrival, their place will be offered to any guest drivers that are present at the briefing.

GUEST DRIVERS

Any driver who is not registered for this series may apply for a guest start at this event here: https://raceapp.eu/RRL1#/Events/4412?tab=bookings. Requests will also be confirmed, or left unconfirmed, on that page. Guest drivers must be registered on the forum and have joined our Discord channel and be present for the Pre-Race Briefing.

RESULT / INFO / STATS

Last edited:

mjw9847

Donator
I was informed right after Sunday's DTM 92 race that my wife's cousin, who is also my best friend, had passed away suddenly and unexpectedly that morning. For obvious reasons, I will not be in this race. I assume I'll be able to make the next DTM 92 race but will notify you if that changes.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
I was informed right after Sunday's DTM 92 race that my wife's cousin, who is also my best friend, had passed away suddenly and unexpectedly that morning. For obvious reasons, I will not be in this race. I assume I'll be able to make the next DTM 92 race but will notify you if that changes.
sincere condolences, Mike, to all the family.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
suspension soon gets wrecked on some of these sausage kerbs.

also, when racing at RBR, if drivers intend to pit and have a car close behind they must move to the inside of the track as soon after T8 as possible and pick up the pit entry lane as soon as it starts. this will show drivers behind you are intending to pit and avoid any unfortunate incidents at apex or through corner exit as the behind driver must take a line that avoids contact.

2020-05-26 2142 0002.jpg

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
condolences, Mike... to all your family :(

Callum Morgan

Donator
Qualifying: P13 Couldn't get the lap I wanted in, 1:33.170 was the best I could manage. Had the pace for a 1:32 but messed it up a couple of times. I was watching the fastest drivers take T1 and 3 and using all of the kerb on the entry without damaging the suspension, not sure how.......

Race 1: P17
Poor start as my OtterHUD decided it would break on me and not show the start lights and my Motec gear box in Gear 2. Checking back at my stream, I also see OtterHUD seperated the field into classes with 6 cars each and the lap counter stayed on 6/12 remaining. I had a long battle with Si, Ric and Jak over the last spots in the reverse grid, Suspension damage at the halfway point down to red but end to catching all the way up.

Race 2: DNF
Even worse start this time as I was punted up the rear as my OtterHUD still decided it wanted to break itself, suspension damage even before T1 wasnt the best thing to have.
drove a few more laps until my suspension completely caved and repair job was 3 minutes, saw no point in continuing and hit escape, still with the broken OtterHUD.

i also had contact with a car, I beleive it was @Mark Shilling at Turn 8. I went up the inside and next thing he hit the rear of my car and spun, I waited up and let him by

Last edited:

Mike Stofmeel

Driver Champion
I was watching the fastest drivers take T1 and 3 and using all of the kerb on the entry without damaging the suspension, not sure how.......
Regular kerbing was fine, just needed to be careful about where to put the car as to not bottom out too much. It wasn't particularly comfortable using the kerbs, but it's still necessary to squeeze out the last tenths. Last corner apex and T1 exit sausage were the killers, T3 apex sausage could be used during overtaking because of the slow speeds.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Enjoyable racing here after the disappointing disco at Sachsenring.

Found nearly half a sec in my penultimate lap of Q all from finally nailing the last corner, which got me into about P8 from hovering around 20th.

Launch control ain't all that, is it? Its safe i suppose, but i almost felt i got a better launch at Sachs when not using LC. So after my late leap in Q, i was back in ~P20 after T1 after running wide and getting a wobble on. The next 19.5 mins were truly awesome! The battle for that P15 spot was racing at its finest! Henk, Jak, Rik, Colin, Callum were the names i remember but the racing remains a clear memory. Jak held onto P15 by about 0.1 as we crossed the line side by side!

R2 was going great but somehow found myself in the sand at T4 exit which cost me about ~15s and spoilt what would have been a strong finish. Shame what happened to my teammate, Greg, also. We've already dropped more points than we should have and can now only focus on runners up in teams but even that will take a lot of luck as many strong teams are contending.

Grats to Mike, Magnus & Rob in R1 and to Jim, Ralf & Mike again in R2.

My move of the race.. 3 cars in 1 straight!

2020-05-29 2209 0002.jpg

2020-05-29 2210 0003.jpg

2020-05-29 2210 0005.jpg

2020-05-29 2211 0007.jpg

2020-05-29 2215 0009.jpg

2020-05-29 2215 0011.jpg

Nuno Miguel Abreu

Another great racing night :D

Q: P10, expected

R1: P5
What a start, from P10 to P7 before T1, then in the second last corner we were 3 wide and passed Ralf and Clive to P5.
It was a lonly race until Clive catch me and we had a good fight, going side by side a lot of times. In the hairpin on the last lap he tried to pass, i got no where to go so went to the run off area, managed to keep P5. If you think that was "dirty" racing then ill be happy with P6, to me it was one difficult case to judge.

R2: P6
Starting from 11th it was going to be a tuff race, the first laps were awesome, now with a little more pace i had great fun. i think i was P6 after a few laps, and after overtake Steneker i hit the curb and my suspension was maybe 20%, it was red in the dash app. Wile overtaking Binnersley Ralf passed us, we cathced Jak, and we i thought in the undercut Ralf did the same, won a position because i didnt change tyres, but got of pit box in 3rd gear wich cost me a few seconds. After the pits i lost the position to Clive, and thats where the fun begins again, i was sweating so much that two drops fell in my glasses and i started to get trouble to see. In the later stages of the race I was in a great fight with Tom and Magnus. I dont know if they where doing team play or not, but i acted like they were and was able to mantain P6.

Awesome races,
Congrats to Podium, finishers and everyone i was battling with

See you in the next one :D

Q: P8

Race 1:
Could have get a better start but droped down to P10 first lap, second lap in turn 1 somebody hit my rear, luckly I saved it and managed to keep going in P10. Lap 3 I droped down P11, after my drop to P11 my race was nothing special at all for a long while. Lap 11 I managed to get P10 and that was my position in race 1

Race 2:
Starting from P6 and the start was tough, after three laps I droped down to P11, lap three I saw Robert trying an outside move but I held on and decided not to give an ride this time. The battle with Robert kept going for Lap 3 to Lap 8, lap 8 Robert tries a move on the outside into turn 3 I'm on the inside, at the exit Robert turns into me and gets his suspension damaged while luckly I got no damage and I was still in P11. Later we jump some positions thanks to some crashing, lots of cars were pitting very early, tire wear was low on this track so I decided not to change tires and decided to stay out longer just to let cars to avoid battling to much. I was in the lead and pitted with 7 laps to go, after the pitstop I came out in P4. 5 laps to go I got overtaken by Clive and got down to P5, remaining 4 laps battle with Nuno and Magnus but I managed to hold on to my final result P5.

Nuno Miguel Abreu:
"I don't know if they ( Tom and Magnus) were doing team play or not"

Response from Tom:
No it was not team play, both you Nuno and Magnus had faster pace than me but I managed to defend my position.

Looking forward for next race

Top Bottom