• Welcome to RRLeagues | Online Sim Racing!

RRLeagues is an established sim racing community and home to many like-minded, respectful individuals all with a passion for racing.

Register your free account today to begin your virtual race driver career!

See you on track...

S41 GT3 | Round 1 | 20/05/20 | Zandvoort

Added to Calendar: 20/05/20

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
Welcome to the RRL-ACC-S41-GT3 Round 1 Zandvoort thread.

SESSION TIMES (UK time)

Official Practice: 18:30 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 19:30 (15 mins)
Race: 19:48 (60 mins)
Sprint race format: 60min race, no refuelling, mandatory tyre change during the pit window. Pit window is 10min long, between 35min and 25min to go. Don't forget, you have to start with fuel for 60min race!
In-game race start time: 14:00
Time acceleration: 1x

DRIVER BRIEFING

ALL drivers are required to be in the PRE RACE BRIEFING voice channel for the Driver Briefing which will commence 15 mins before Qualifying is due to commence. Those that fail to show without prior warning will be given a warning which will also gain 1 penalty point on your Licence.

TRACK DESCRIPTION

Circuit Zandvoort is an old school race track located in the Netherlands, directly in the dunes near the coastline. The 4.3 km long track offers fast and sweeping corners as well as tight hairpins that provide excellent overtaking opportunities. It’s a real challenge and the drivers love it.

TRACK LAYOUT

Zandvoort_trackmap.png

INCIDENT SUBMISSION

Replay file can be downloaded from:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/1cda9c89f9bf1cad4c0575a36f637a4d20200520201704/e97b5a
(after 7 days it will be removed)

REGISTERED DRIVERS

All registered drivers are required to attend this race. If for any reason you are unable to attend then please state your absence below. If a registered driver is not in the server by the end of the briefing and has not given prior notice of late arrival, their place will be offered to any guest drivers that are present at the briefing.

GUEST DRIVERS

Any driver who is not registered for this series may apply for a guest start at this event here: Requests will also be confirmed, or left unconfirmed, on that page. Guest drivers must be registered on the forum and have joined our Discord channel and be present for the Pre-Race Briefing.

RESULT / INFO / STATS

Last edited:

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
The formation lap format in this series is set to "FREE".

THIS MEANS:

- There will be a widget to tell you when to go single file, when to go double file and which side.
- No speed limiter enable during the FL
- Cars are ghosting through S1 and S2.

despite the ghosting, we ask everyone kindly to behave patiently and don't drive through another cars because of better tyre/brake warming or any other reason. keep the distance from the car ahead like in a real formation lap.
in a case someone stalls at the start or makes an off-track during the formation lap, taking back his position is allowed, but do it carefully! also, the drivers who are passed during this process, should be aware of this and let him past. the game forces everybody in his correct position anyway, we just would like to see everyone behaving correctly during FL process.
the track is short and narrow, please be careful. patience and awareness will be needed!

Callum Morgan

Donator
My Race: (From having my best race last week in F4, this one couldn't have gone any worse)
Qualifying P29
Couldn't get a proper lap together and field is very close all around so not much more I could have done considering the 4 tyres per weekend rule makes Qualifying a One-Shot affair

Race: DNF
Turn 1: Had contact with a car on my inside, I held my line on the outside of the circuit and was hit into, Then into T3 the concertina affect meant I ran into the back of Jazz, backed off straight away to let him keep the place, This made me drop to last pretty much.
Into Turn 8, still on Lap 1, there were 3 cars wide, and the car in the middle backed out leaving me nowhere but into the rear of him, As i slow to try to see where he ends up, I get a rear punt. Possibly by Cenig, who later in the Lap, slowed on the outside into Turn 10, im not sure if he broke earlier than I expected or was letting someone pass but I hit him and spun him, I waited for him to rejoin the track ahead of me and he pulled away a bit until a car rejoining at Turn 3, allowed me to catch and pass him. I then pulled away by about half a second on some laps.
I carried on until the pit window had 30 seconds left, I had the battle of @Pat Kovacs and another driver catch me up as i went to pit, Pat went for a overtake on my right as i went to pit, leaving me no chance to pit without me swiping across him. I lifted off to let him go but was punted in the rear by the other car so couldn't get over to pit lane. Got in the next lap by timer had already ran out saw no point in driving about for 25 mins only to get DQd for not making the stop in time.

Not really sure how he could not see i had the 1 next to my name in HUD for the remaining stops and not try and pass tbh
Good jobto my teammate @Christopher Tveråen on P11 at the end. Maybe Ill have better luck at Monza in 2 weeks

David Dhoore

Staff member
Donator
Steward
2 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
My race...

Q p16
Didnt go as planned , i was aiming for a top 10 position but i couldnt get a good lap in , my FL pressures were not optimal and i had no grip . Did some adjustments in the garage but no luck in my final attempt as i went wide on the a. Luyendijk corner just before S/F

Race p6
Was really not confident after my poor quali but to my surprise my pace was good, i could gain some positions in the first laps and i slowly increased my speed what brought me close behind Jak , some excellent racing with Jak , both picking up some spots and we were gaining on the cars in front and so attacking him was not the way to go . After 10 laps behind Jak hé was a bit wide on t8 and i could make the overtake (pretty nice move imo but kudo's to Jak cause without the coorporation from him this could end bad to ). As we were almost at the end of the stint tires still felt good and pushed hard to gain positions on pitstrategie. It kinda worked and came out in front of Miguel and very close to Nemanja . From then on i tried to be consistent and pick some spots where i could . I got close to Daniel (kristow) for p 5 but he made no mistakes so settled in and brought it home . Really happy with my race no mistakes and from p16 to 6 .

Unfortunate race for Vlast as hé had an incident on lap 1 but on Zandy that can happen ofc .
We didnt make an obvoius choice with godzilla and tbh me and Vlast still need to figure out the car . Practice didnt go very well and after a lot of Lambo for me i really need to adapt to this car. i have no idea what Monza will bring with our gtr.

Grats to podium and finishers and i see you all at the next awesome event :)

Nemanja

Well, since this was my first serious racing in ACC, i was not expecting too much, especially after doing a lot of R3E lately, i did not feel my Bentley really good at all. Always felt like floating, i was not confident to push it close to the limit.

Q7
I was surprised to see me close to the top. I still had a few tenths left, but certainly this was a nice place to start the race with all the fast guys around, with much more ACC experience.

R9
My race started well, i stayed close to Miguel i think, and i had a good pace. I was running P6 before the pits. I emerged in front of Miguel but behind Daniel, who did lightning pit stop. Again, i was running at P6, doing 36's and low 37's but then i went wide on grass in second sector and in a blink of an eye, i found myself at P11. Head down, and bring it home safely. In the mean time Jak and one more car made contact so i gained 2 positions. Watching Jak's stream, when he said, i dont want to be caught in the accident, two turns later, bam :D That was a real curse right there man, great shame.

All in all, i do not like this track at all, so i am glad i brought it home. Race was kinda boring. I expect some proper racing at Monza, not this follow me shit track. xD

See ya (some of you) at Nurb.

Greg Metcalf

Media
I carried on until the pit window had 30 seconds left, I had the battle of @Pat Kovacs and another driver catch me up as i went to pit, Pat went for a overtake on my right as i went to pit, leaving me no chance to pit without me swiping across him. I lifted off to let him go but was punted in the rear by the other car so couldn't get over to pit lane. Got in the next lap by timer had already ran out saw no point in driving about for 25 mins only to get DQd for not making the stop in time.

Not really sure how he could not see i had the 1 next to my name in HUD for the remaining stops and not try and pass tbh
Good jobto my teammate @Christopher Tveråen on P11 at the end. Maybe Ill have better luck at Monza in 2 weeks
when making a pitstop with a car behind hug the inside, even if you lose .5 it is worth it ;)

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
well, a pretty good start of the ACC history here!

first, we were really surprised by the amount of interest for this league. it was really unfortunate that several drivers had problems and couldn't join for the event... this makes me a bit feel sad, but hope it will work out better next time. theoretically, the problem was on game side, not ours... an on tuesday, i remember, some of the guest drivers were able to join...

Q: 2
i couldn't do much laps in practice, in general, only one timed lap. but this saved me basically one set of tyre, so i did my first stint on that set. track was very busy and i couldn't post a good laptime. 5 minutes to the end, i went out again on a fresh set. that was better, the laptime came in the end, 1-2 tenths left in it but i was happy with it. congrats to Mike on pole!

R: 3
start was okay, i slotted behind Mike. but soon i saw my tyre pressures are too high, especially on the left side, like 1psi higher, and i was sliding a lot. Peter was much faster so i let him through, in hope he can fight with Mike. i was just slower and slower, and as we were closing to the pit window, i checked my strategy. and i found out that i exchanged the numbers between front right and left rear tyre... i tried to fix it but then changed to another pit strategy, it resetted to the original, i had to fix it again, meanwhile i was out of concentration a bit, losing massive time and holding Ralf and Miguel. after a mistake Ralf passed me, right ahead of our pit stop. i didn't want to pit early because of the traffic i get possibly, but also i wanted to get rid of that tyreset. i pitted one lap after halftime together with Mike, who had like 15s advantage until that. my stop was perfect, i rejoined ahead of Ralf. my pressures were much better, on front left still a bit high but much better, i found some serious pace, same level as PEter had on P2. 2nd stint was a bit lonely, i build some gap to Ralf and deal with lapped traffic. today P3 was the maximum for me, i hoped i can be closer, but maybe next time.
congrats to Mike and Peter for win and podium, also to all finishers! not the easiest track to start on, but in general, i think everyone did a good job., lapped drivers were very kind, thanks for it.
for the first corners, in general we need a bit more attention, tracks are narrow, touches are more dangerous than in R3E, and the races are long. we need to keep calm and avoid any risky move, so everyone can be in the game after lap1 yet ;)

see you next wednesday in the F4 cars!

Top Bottom