• Welcome to RRLeagues | Online Sim Racing!

RRLeagues is an established sim racing community and home to many like-minded, respectful individuals all with a passion for racing.

Register your free account today to begin your virtual race driver career!

See you on track...

S42 GT3M III | Round 3 | 16/09/20 | Daytona Int Speedway Road Course

Added to Calendar: 16/09/20

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Welcome to the Round 3 Daytona discussion thread.

SESSION TIMES (UK time)

Official Practice: 18:30 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 19:30 (20 mins)
Race: 19:50 (100 mins)

DRIVER BRIEFING

ALL
drivers are required to be in the PRE RACE BRIEFING voice channel for the Driver Briefing which will commence 15 mins before Qualifying is due to commence. Those that fail to show without prior warning will receive 1 penalty point on their license.

TRACK DESCRIPTION

Where once car enthusiasts were racing on the sandy beach surface, in 1959 a new facility opened that would become Daytona International Speedway aka the "World Center of Racing". The track is located in Daytona Beach, Florida, United States and is the home of the DAYTONA 500 and the Rolex 24 At DAYTONA. The NASCAR Tri-Oval layout is 4.0 km long and features a 31° banking in the turns. The Road Course layout, used for Sports Car races, includes the infield, has 12 turns and is 5.7 km long.

TRACK LAYOUT

1594971740645.png

LEADERBOARD

INCIDENT SUBMISSION / STEWARDS REPORTT

https://rrleagues.com/threads/rrl-r...ubmissions-stewards-reports-rrl-licence.1782/

REGISTERED DRIVERS

All registered drivers are required to attend this race. If for any reason you are unable to attend then please state your absence below. If a registered driver is not in the server by the end of the briefing and has not given prior notice of late arrival, their place will be offered to any guest drivers that are present at the briefing.

GUEST DRIVERS

Any driver who is not registered for this series may apply for a guest start at this event on RaceApp. Guest drivers must be registered on the forum and have joined our Discord channel and be present for the Pre-Race Briefing.

RACEAPP LINK

Last edited:

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Tutorial video for double-file rolling start procedure. Note - the only difference with our procedure is that we form on the side of the track we were placed on the grid at, which might not always be the inside line into T1.

Formation zone

The formation zone for this and every race in the S42 championship will begin at the end of sector2 / start of sector 3. So for Daytona, that will be as the cars exit the bus-stop chicane, T11 on the above track map.

So when the lead car reaches this point he must slow to 50mph/80kph and move to the side of the track that he was placed on the grid at. P2 must move alongside P1 onto the side of the track that he was placed on the grid at. P2 should not move in front of P1.

Subsequent drivers must then form 2 trains behind P1 & P2, moving to the side of the track they were placed on the grid at.

Please see the above video & procedure for further clarification.

Acceleration zone

The acceleration zone for Daytona will begin at the start of the grass verge, shortly after pit entry, as shown below:

2020-07-19 1404 0008.jpg

The acceleration zone will end at the start/finish line, as shown below:

2020-07-19 1404 0007.jpg

At any point within the acceleration zone, the leader is allowed to go full throttle to signify the start of the race. This is to be done in one smooth action. From the moment everyone starts to accelerate, drivers may break from their train if they have a good run on the driver ahead. Bear in mind that you still can not overtake the driver directly in front of you in your train until you have crossed over the start-finish line. Also, be aware of other drivers alongside you doing the same.

From the moment you cross the s/f line, it is full racing conditions.

Last edited:

aSab

Donator
Hello Folks,

I won't be able to race at Daytona. Sorry, have fun!

Reason is, I had to get back to Hungary to attend my dad's funeral - even though that takes place only on the 22nd, but because of the current regulations I had to enter the country two weeks earlier, to be able to serve my two weeks of quarantine before the funeral. This sucks big time, but a man has to do what a man has to do. Maybe the Hungarian authorities would have granted me a pass on that, but you just can't rely on them so I was keen not to take chances on this one.

Visar

Hi guys,

Can anyone instruct me on how to register as a Guest for the next GTR3 round?

Thnx in advance...

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
from Simao

Hi, it's better to put me as guest driver, I won't be able to go this week again...
I'm at the internship of my university and I have a work shift Wednesday afternoon, therefore I won't be able to go to the race!
Have fun!

Rella

6x Driver Champion
Grats again to Mike, Aleks and Clive!
Didn't expect much from my first race at Daytona and wasn't sure if I will be able to start at all. Despite the lack of practice I was a bit surprised that I was so slow in the practice session. Qualifying was slightly better and I started from P13. Race start was fine although I lost a position and remember a nice battle with Ric. Guess we were battling for P11 as we approached a cloud of dust at the end of the bus stop chicane where Rob had a spin and I also did a 360 to make the team spin event complete. Back to P21 and I struggled to get out of the slipstream from the guys behind. Somehow the pace was enough to slowly close the gap to the group in front and after my pitstop I had the battle what makes RRLeagues so special. Close fair racing with enough respect by the guys around.
20200917101155_3.jpg

That was really great racing for a bunch of laps and I want to thank everybody who was involved! The group broke apart a bit after some time and the last laps it was a close battle between Max, myself and Nigel waiting for his chance. Although Max said after the race his Audi was slow I didn't manage to pass him and pull away...but I had enough fuel instead of him ;) Great racing all around and it felt like medicine...started to like the track because of the racing. See you soon!

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
my race:

beforehand i thought i have good pace here, but looking at the practice times, i realized that i don't :)

still was able to put a fine lap in the end of the qualy which put me P7 in the end.

unfortunately i made an early error in the race, after fighting hard with Jak and Dimitry, i spun in the bus stop. despite i had only wing 3, my top speed felt very low, it was hard to pass even in the slipstream and i felt myself a sitting duck ahead of the attacking faster cars.
sadly my spin had an impact to Ralf's race too as he had a spin trying to avoid me too... really sorry about that. after that we had to recover from P18-19, which was really hard. i was not really able to keep up with the guys even ahead, i was a bit off from the slipstreaming train, i was following them from like 4-5s. then the pit round begun and it's time for my second big mistake. i missed that we have to change at least 2 tyres and i forgot that, tried to double stint them and only do the refuel. and at the end of the pit window i realized that i must pit... great. so i pitted only for new tyres (4) which basically meant i had a drive-through in the end.
too bad, even with a 4-tyre change i could have been much more up in the field as i felt my pace was good in the end of my 1st stint, on used tyres.
after the 2nd stop i fell back to P20, at least i could push hard but i spun again at T6 entry. ...and i had again issue with rejoining, as i didn't realize Mike is actually behind me, didn't see the blue flag warning even, i didn't even see him in the mirror as he was in my blind spot. so he had to avoid me as i returned to the banked part (at least he could see me and prepare for that, but still, sorry for this).
in the end i could only pass Mark in the Porsche, and i was closing fast to Radek in the final couple of laps. in the penultimate lap i ws just sitting and waiting behind him, i prepared to attack in the final lap. after the bus stop i was too close to him, i lifted a bit to get the slipstream again, but as i moved out of the slipstream, i lost speed and he crossed the finish line like half a car length ahead of me. didn't realize this, but after Max's unfortunate retirement i finished in P18, another race to forget.
the really anger was that early mistake, as i had a gap behind me and i could have just followed Jak and wait for the opportunity, but i didn't manage to do this. my mistake in the pits was just the icing on the cake...
congrats to Mike for another dominant win, to Aleksandr for a great podium in the old Ford and to Clive for another solid drive. congrats to all finishers too :)
also big thanks to Ethan and Martin for the top commentary, i reviewed it and it was really great!
see you next week!

Top Bottom