• Welcome to RRLeagues | Online Sim Racing!

RRLeagues is an established sim racing community and home to many like-minded, respectful individuals all with a passion for racing.

Register your free account today to begin your virtual race driver career!

See you on track...

S43 Audi TT Cup | Round 3 | 20/09/20 | Norisring GP

Added to Calendar: 20/09/20

Cleeve

Staff member
Donator
Steward
Events Coordinator
Welcome to the Round 3 Norisring GP discussion thread.

SESSION TIMES (UK time)

Official Practice: 19:00 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:00 (20 mins)
Race 1: 20:20 (25 mins)
Race 2: 20:45 (25 mins)

DRIVER BRIEFING

ALL
drivers are required to be in the PRE RACE BRIEFING voice channel for the Driver Briefing which will commence 15 mins before Qualifying is due to commence. Those that fail to show without prior warning will receive 1 penalty point on their license.

TRACK DESCRIPTION

This famed street circuit is compact, uncompromising and deceptively tricky to master despite the simple layout. The walls are always close and the frantic breaking for the first hairpin turn can make or break your race. It is a lot of fun!

TRACK LAYOUT

Norisring72.997d8540f7e7b558137546a9a6a1c1e9.png

LEADERBOARD

INCIDENT SUBMISSION / STEWARDS REPORT

https://rrleagues.com/threads/rrl-r...ubmissions-stewards-reports-rrl-licence.1798/

REGISTERED DRIVERS

All registered drivers are required to attend this race. If for any reason you are unable to attend then please state your absence below. If a registered driver is not in the server by the end of the briefing and has not given prior notice of late arrival, their place will be offered to any guest drivers that are present at the briefing.

GUEST DRIVERS

Any driver who is not registered for this series may apply for a guest start at this event on RaceApp. Guest drivers must be registered on the forum and have joined our Discord channel and be present for the Pre-Race Briefing.

RACEAPP LINK

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrez

Hello everyone, I'm Andrea Radius and was told by Cleeve that there were free spots to join this series. Should I register on RaceApp?
Thanks

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Hello everyone, I'm Andrea Radius and was told by Cleeve that there were free spots to join this series. Should I register on RaceApp?
Thanks
Hi, Andrea. Yes, please register on RA. There was 1 free shot when I looked this morning.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Wasn't expecting a P2 in Q, and having a grip on Pole for so long felt good. In the end, no disgrace in being pipped by Pavel and to have the other Seventy Seven car next to me was perfect for the team.

The aim was not to get mugged into T1 and we managed it. I could cling on to PM for a few laps with the aid of P2P but he gradually he was able to pull away. I managed to keep a steady gap back to Ralf and when Dezso started harassing him my P2 was secure. Ralf could retain P3 so it was some good points for the team.

of course the glory soon turns to despair when you realise you are at the wrong end of a reverse grid. Again, we both survived T1 and could make steady progress up the order. Had some pleasant racing with a few of the guys. the gap in performance is so small here so unless you've got clear air it's really difficult to make any progress, cleanly! An incident at the last corner on the last lap cost me dear but with Ralf again having another good result at what is probably his home track (if we ask nicely he may post pics ;) ), it has to be classed as a good meeting for the team.

I'll save my congratulations until after the stewards report is up, as the winner may not be the same. Congrts, Clive, on R2 win at Dubai.

Another great race night tho in this series!

David Dhoore

Staff member
Donator
Steward
2 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
My races,

A very enjoyable evening ,very close racing and my speed was ok . Norisring is probably my least favorite track on r3e but yesterday has proven that my thoughts on the track are not always justified.
In R1 i ended on p5, very close racing with Greg,Petr and Mark, i could close the gap to Ralf and Dzeso for p3 because they were battling for position but without ptp it was to late to attack or threathen them for position

R2 had way more contacts in the first laps than r1 and after an unfortunate contact with Jak i was almost dead last after 5 mins . I gathered all my courage and went all in . Had some great battles on the way and ended in p13 . Almost gave up but still good points after some bad luck .
Teammate Petr also had excellent results so the team champ with Seventy Seven is on atm wich is a nice extra in this serie.

Grats to podiums and u see you all at Brandshatch:)

NedoV

Congratulations to winners and podium finishers and to all participants of fun and responsible race.

Q: 30

Just couldn't find the rhythm and much slower than my usual times. It was looking like it would be a struggle of a race for me

R1: P17

Uh, fun! I made up quite a few positions and most importantly, i felt that my pace was competitive and I was gaining in confidence with the braking points every single lap and just running better and better. I had a view of P15, also pole position for next race, but i was a few seconds off that. Anyhow, where I started and where I finished, I was very happy. Been waiting for the top 20 finish and finally got one!

R2: 24

AHHHHHHHHH is all I can say for this one. Having started 17th, all was looking goo , pace was there, breaking points were solid, everything was looking good, P11 after I passed a few cars in T1 and then on the S-Kurve, I make a lethal mistake that just drained my entire energy, destroyed my suspension, aero and engine! I was so gutted, I still am!

Anyhow repaired what could be repaired and then slowly strolled home, having been lapped a few times by everyone, which gave me a little insight on what is going on in the race and yeah, that's it. Could have been my career best, this way gotta wait two more weeks and see if I can better my P17!

simply gutted!

Rella

6x Driver Champion
Grats again to Pavel and podiums. Was some close great racing. I even thought about 3 times 3 with Q on 3rd, R1 3rd and battling for 3rd in second race but 3 guys were against it ;)
(if we ask nicely he may post pics ;) )
Nobody asked but when the boss makes a call. I'll attach 10 pics across the years I visited Norisring.

Attachments

Top Bottom