• Welcome to RRLeagues | Online Sim Racing!

RRLeagues is an established sim racing community and home to many like-minded, respectful individuals all with a passion for racing.

Register your free account today to begin your virtual race driver career!

See you on track...

S44 GT4 | Round 3 | 23/09/20 | Brands Hatch

Added to Calendar: 23/09/20

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Welcome to the Round 3 Brands Hatch discussion thread.

SESSION TIMES

Real-time (UK) | In-game time | Session length

Official Practice: 19:00 | 14:00 (Fri) | 60 mins
Qualifying: 20:00 | 14:00 (Sat) | 15 mins
Race: 20:15 | 14:00 (Sun) | 75 mins

WEATHER

Forecast: https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/fawkham-green/da3-8/daily-weather-forecast/1-328926_1_al
Weather Randomness: 4

DRIVER BRIEFING

ALL
drivers are required to be in the PRE RACE BRIEFING voice channel for the Driver Briefing which will commence 15 mins before Qualifying is due to commence. Those that fail to show without prior warning will receive 1 penalty point on their license.

TRACK DESCRIPTION

With dramatic corners, hills, dips and cambers, the Brands Hatch circuit is a serious test of driver skill. The blind entry to Paddock Hill Bend, in particular, remains one of the great tests of world racing, and never fails to offer drama and excitement.

TRACK LAYOUT

1596121814060.png

INCIDENT SUBMISSION / STEWARDS REPORTT

https://rrleagues.com/threads/rrl-a...ubmissions-stewards-reports-rrl-licence.1829/

REGISTERED DRIVERS

All registered drivers are required to attend this race. If for any reason you are unable to attend then please state your absence below. If a registered driver is not in the server by the end of the briefing and has not given prior notice of late arrival, their place will be offered to any guest drivers that are present at the briefing.

GUEST DRIVERS

Any driver who is not registered for this series may apply for a guest start at this event on RaceApp. Guest drivers must be registered on the forum and have joined our Discord channel and be present for the Pre-Race Briefing.

RACEAPP LINK

REPLAY DOWNLOAD LINK:

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
How British...

1599686955215.png

server is currently set:

temp: 15
clouds: 0.3
rain: 0.29
random: 4

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
practice server updated with final weather settings, also race server will run wuth these settings:

Temp = 14
Clouds 0.3
Rain 0.32
Randomness 4

prepare your rubber boots...

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Into the pen...

RRL Media: 'We saw you had an incident on Lap 1. Can you tell us what happened there?'

Yeah, I cant quite remember who i was behind but i had a good run through Hawthorn but had to ease off slightly as there was no room for the overtake. This gave Alberto, behind, the chance to look up my inside into Westfield but the move was never on - like my move on the guy ahead of me was never on. Alberto tried to force it and we hit and spun and ended up last.

RRL Media: 'You qualified back in 22nd position in what was tricky conditions. Was that the best you could get from the car?'

All week the forecast had been pretty much the same but i never found any rain in practice so didn't have any knowledge of a wet track here. With Q being only 15m you have to learn fast and i certainly understood the track a little better with every lap but putting it altogether... well i obviously struggled with that. There was time out there, i was better than 22nd if i hooked a lap together but yeah, wasn't to be.

RRL Media: 'Nevertheless, considering your start you must be satisfied with a P11 finish?'

I guess. It's just frustrating man. Alberto was quick and obviously out of position on the grid too. If we could have just been smart and got through the opening lap then we both had the pace to be well up in the top 10. Look at Dino... started 25th i think and finished 7th. Hopefully we can learn and experience better things in Spa.

RRL Media: 'Thanks, Simon.'

RRL Media: 'Who's next......'

Callum Morgan

Donator
That would be me then Si!

Media: A good performance there in qualifying starting P10 for you Callum, How was the circuit feeling in qualifying?

CJM: T
he car really felt good, however in getting the team to change the setup quickly before sending me out, they forgot to drain the fuel to qualifying levels, so i went out with 30 laps of fuel in the car, which coincendetally is how many percent the team staff are having cut off there wages this week for the error..... once i managed to get the laps in I was going well, ending up qualifying in 10th as you say

Media: We saw you had to fight your way through the field after an early incident, how did you manage it?

CJM:
Yes, I had an incident with Mol early on battling over P11 or so and we unfortunately made contact which spun me dropping me back to around P18, I just kept pushing at my pace and made inroads into competitors, eventually finding my way back in the top 10 battling with the Ginetta 9 and 10 cars, difficult to find a way past them around here. I planned on settling for P10, but as we saw, things didnt go the way we wanted by the flag with a spin of my own doing, dropping me to P15

Media: We've heard you have a busy schedule coming up in the next week, how have you found time to prepare?

CJM:
While it has been nice to be back in the UK for once after a long time away, of course last race being in Japan 2 weeks ago, I have found some time to jump in the sim to prepare for all my upcoming events, As it happens I am flying out to belgium tomorrow to take part in a 12 hour race at Spa, and then from there its a trip over to the USA for Petite Le Mans..

Media: Thank you for your time Callum , and good luck with future events

Rella

6x Driver Champion
Grats @Christopher Tveråen @trutya and @David Dhoore!
I was hoping for rain in Q to have an idea about pressures in wet. Didn't help much when the race stays dry but I had an idea.
Met a few Porsches too close and hard for my liking yesterday what resulted in ~30s damage after the second incident. Sometimes you slip through and sometimes you don't. The M4 still felt good, was just a cosmetic thing and I found good pace to close the gap to the guys in front and had some nice racing. The battle with Jody went on several laps and was very enjoyable.
GT4_BH.jpg

Cars were dropping out and I suddenly was on P6 behind Jak who was already too far away. But I started to think a bit "what if..." until I saw that my fuel is really low. Where is the leader? Then I heard "Leader is on final lap"...but where?! Went with 0.3l left into the pits while the leader finished the race and dropped from P6 to P10. That was the bill for the pace that I found ;) All in all some nice racing and I could cross the line almost in synch with Si. See you at Spa, flooded Eau rouge must be magic.

Could someone share the replay? I totally forgot to save it .... sorry!

Regarding the 2 main incidents I had on this race:
1st @Simon Fillingham sorry from my side, would like to check the replay to know how % of my fault it was. I can just remember you were trying to pass someone and you were doing a lot of movements. I remember you lost traction and thought I had an opportunity but, as you said, probably not a good idea on the first lap. Would like to check the replay to understand "what I did".

2nd @Robert Hovarth probably you hated me when you crashed me on the last/one lap before to finish, but the reason I was so slow is that I had a puncture on the first corner, that's why I didn't move and that's why I brake so early (I thought you had enough time/space to dodge me, not sure what could happen), anyway, sorry. At least you didn't lose your position.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
1st @Simon Fillingham sorry from my side, would like to check the replay to know how % of my fault it was. I can just remember you were trying to pass someone and you were doing a lot of movements. I remember you lost traction and thought I had an opportunity but, as you said, probably not a good idea on the first lap. Would like to check the replay to understand "what I did".
I've had a look at replay. I can't blame you for having a look up the inside, I just think it would have been smart to come out of it sooner. But appreciate the apology and reciprocate it if I was at fault. No hard feelings.

David Dhoore

Staff member
Donator
Steward
2 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
My race,
Was confident before the race cause speed was good in practice and managed to do 31 s quali pace on a dry track yesterday. But for the rain in quali i wasnt prepared . Last laps i kinda found how it needed to be done but still i was far of from the top times. So p11 in the end
Race p3
Dry conditions and i was on a charge first laps , managed to gain 3 positions and i could pass Magnus an Janko for p5 , but then i started to struggle with the car . Slow punctures everywhere and 2 warnings for exceeding track limits in the first 30 mins. From then i didnt push superhard and tried to be as consistent as i could . I snatched p3 but that was only because cars in front had some issues . The car never felt like in practice , i think i pushed to hard in the first laps what gave my tires a lot of graining. Still very happy with the result as that was really the maximum i could get yesterday.
Grats Christophe and finishers! And i
See you all on sunday:)

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
Could someone share the replay? I totally forgot to save it .... sorry!

2nd @Robert Hovarth probably you hated me when you crashed me on the last/one lap before to finish, but the reason I was so slow is that I had a puncture on the first corner, that's why I didn't move and that's why I brake so early (I thought you had enough time/space to dodge me, not sure what could happen), anyway, sorry. At least you didn't lose your position.
thanks for claricifacion, i didn't know that you had a puncture... all i could see is that you're on the ideal line (carrying more or less normal speed in the straight from my pov) and braking way ahead of usual braking zone, i couldn't prepare for that, i expected you to turn in a normal way and maybe move over later. and i just couldn't go anywhere at that point... i think the timing was a bit unfortunate to let me by, in case of a puncture if you move off the ideal line and slowing down earlier before the corner, people might know that you have problem :) but no worries man, i was happy that we survived that /more or less.../ also sorry for the hit, my concetration should have been also a bit lower than during the early laps of the race.

Top Bottom