• Welcome to RRLeagues | Online Sim Racing!

RRLeagues is an established sim racing community and home to many like-minded, respectful individuals all with a passion for racing.

Register your free account today to begin your virtual race driver career!

See you on track...

S47 GT3 | Round 4 | 28/02/21 | Paul Ricard

Added to Calendar: 28/02/21

Vlasti Lukas

Staff member
Donator
Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
Welcome to the Round 4 Paul Ricard discussion thread.

SESSION TIMES

Real-time (UK) | In-game time | Session length

Official Practice: 19:15 | 19:00 (Fri) | 15 mins
Qualifying: 19:30 | 17:00 (Sat) | 15 mins
Race: 19:45 | 19:00 (Sun) | 120 mins

WEATHER

Ambient temperature: 13C°(15th of November 2020)
Forecast (for cloud cover and chance of precipitation): https://www.accuweather.com/en/fr/le-castellet/151359/weather-forecast/151359
Weather Randomness: 3

DRIVER BRIEFING

ALL
drivers are required to be in the PRE RACE BRIEFING voice channel for the Driver Briefing which will commence 15 mins before Qualifying is due to commence. Those that fail to show without prior warning will receive 1 penalty point on their license.
The race server will be started at the beginning of the briefing. If you have problems joining to the server, please stay in the voice channel after the briefing to let us know!

TRACK DESCRIPTION

The Circuit Paul Ricard (French pronunciation: [siʁkɥi pɔl ʁikaʁ]) is a French motorsport race track built in 1969 at Le Castellet, Var, near Marseille, with finance from pastis magnate Paul Ricard. Ricard wanted to experience the challenge of building a racetrack. The circuit has been part of the FIA Formula One since the 2018 Formula One World Championship as the French Grand Prix, previously serving in 1971, 1973, 1975-1976, 1978, 1980, 1982-1983, as well as from 1985 to 1990.

TRACK LAYOUT

1605515257481.png

INCIDENT SUBMISSION / STEWARDS REPORTT

REGISTERED DRIVERS

All registered drivers are required to attend this race. If for any reason you are unable to attend then please state your absence below. If a registered driver is not in the server by the end of the briefing and has not given prior notice of late arrival, their place will be offered to any guest drivers that are present at the briefing.

GUEST DRIVERS

Any driver who is not registered for this series may apply for a guest start at this event on RaceApp. Guest drivers must be registered on the forum and have joined our Discord channel and be present for the Pre-Race Briefing.

RACEAPP LINK

Last edited by a moderator:

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
RACE INFOS:

Track year:
Tyre compound: DHE

Race length: 120min
Mandatory pit stop count: 2
Mandatory refuel: no
Mandatory tyre change: yes
Time acceleration: 2x
Tyre sets available (for the race weekend): DRY: 3, WET: unlimited

Rain lights: CTRL+L (by default)

INFO ABOUT THE TYRE COMPOUNDS:

FORMATION LAP TUTORIAL:

if someone dropped from his grid place during the formation lap, be sure you don't pass any car of the row ahead, to avoid instant DT penalties at the start

Last edited:

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
Paul Ricard practice server is up with the weather settings below:

forecast_0216.jpg

ambient temp:
clouds: 0.67x0.45 = 0.3
rain: 0.33x0.25 = 0.08
randomness: 3

all practice sessions on sunday, starting times: 17:00, 19:00, 21:00 in-game time

Last edited:

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
forecast now says 1% cloud and 0% rain. i don't change the server settings for now (as it is totally dry already), i'll keep tracking it and if tomorrow there will be bigger changes, i'll change.
if not, i'll release the final settings on friday, as usual.

Callum Morgan

Donator
forecast now says 1% cloud and 0% rain. i don't change the server settings for now (as it is totally dry already), i'll keep tracking it and if tomorrow there will be bigger changes, i'll change.
if not, i'll release the final settings on friday, as usual.
Will it still be the average of 13c temperature robert?

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
Will it still be the average of 13c temperature robert?
yes it is the daily average... but at 19:00 in the evening, it should be around that.
also there will be 2x time multiplier!

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
current forecast for Paul Ricard:
forecast_0226.jpg

so the final server settings are:
clouds 0.00
rain: 0.00
ambient: 13°C
randomness: 3

hopefully it won't rain :D

practice server is back up with these settings and the race server will go with the same.
have fun!

Callum Morgan

Donator
My Race

Quali: P9 (1:55.194)

Unprepared for a hotter track, I got a high 55 at first, Last Lap I was a second up and on for a 54.5, but messed up last corners and cost 0.5s P3 or 4th without that mistake, but onto the race...

Race: P8 (+1:31.695)

Started Cautiously as im still not used to being in a higher up grid slot, nervous of taking a frontrunner out still. Settled into P8 with a battle @Mr_D @trutya @D.Bettens
I could catch Bettens easily through the last sector but that Lexus must have had a rocket strapped to it, it was so quick in a straight line so i was stuck in P7, Stayed out extra lap than I planned, Didnt gain anything as i had 2 seconds of damage from a collision with Horvath.

Held P7 for a long time after battling Horvath, until I went wide at Le Beausset and he slipped past, carried the battle on but the pace difference was too much after a few laps, still nice to battle drivers high up in the field.

Made my 2nd mandatory stop with 37 minutes to go, still behind Bettens' bumper with nothing i could do to pass, first laps were really good, but backed the pace down once i realised I couldnt keep with the cars ahead, and i had a 15 secons gap to @André Bergsma behind, Stayed in the mid 56 and low 57s as i didnt want to overpush in the last 20 mins and get a DT Penalty, Andre got the gap down to 9 seconds by race end, Another top 10 finish for me in S47.

Hopefully I can keep them going in Laguna Seca in 2 weeks

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
did we have a collision too? damn, i didn't really notice it. i remember once i was close, not sure if there was a little bump or not, maybe it was before we had the incident with Si?

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
yes, i checked your stream now. it felt smaller from my perspective, to be honest, i was not sure if there was some tap or you just went a little wide, but from your onboard i could hear the bump noise. sorry for that. unfortunately, i came out worse of it :)

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
so, my race:
i really like the flow of this track and it's one of my better tracks pace-wise. i hoped i will have some fun if i can jump in.
well i had some fun, but also there were some kind of shitshow too, regarding my driving tonight.

Q: 4
my qualy pace was alright, i set my PB with the first lap, then i had 2 invalid laps due to cuts while i was well into the green delta. too bad... however it didn't show the full picture as Bram, Mike and others went out pretty early when the track was slower.

R: 6
yeah, so into T4 there was already problem. i should have been more careful, Petr was a bit slower into that and i was not prepared, hit him and sent him into half-spin, then i tried to push him back into the right direction so we don't lose so much time... it worked out more or less, we lost like 6-7 positions each but at least we were not dead last.
i had some good battles with the guys around (Callum, Si, Dino, Davy, etc.) but in the end we had another coming together with Si as he attacked me, and we tangled into T1. another couple of position lost, but still more than 90min to go, time to recover.
i was starting on my used tyreset but with slightly more fuel to keep the balance more or less right. so i decided to pit little bit after 30min into the race, small damage repair. and then full push in the middle stint, which was actually quite good. i caught Callum again and this time i was able to pass him, however, surprisingly, after that he was able to stay close for quite long time, doing very fast laptimes. but later on both of our pace dropped. i made my middle stint longer, and pitted again 40min to go.
this time i slightly stopped in the wrong place losing a couple of seconds, but was able to maintain my position against Callum and Davy. i tried to push hard again to catch Ralf and Petr who seemed to have some problems and was slower.
i got close to him but the Lexus was impossible to pass in the straight, in the slipstream all i could do is to keep the gap. but then i made another mistake. into T12 we both went wide, i failed to trailbrake correctly and slided into Petr who was about to tighten his line after also going a little wide. but it was on me, not on him... i waited again and meanwhile we lost a position to Davy.
i tried to attack continuously and the next opportunity came when Petr went a bit wide into T11 and i went for the inside. i was not hugging the inside line completely but there was plenty of room on the outside in my opinion, but as Petr tried to turn in obviously i was there and he bounced a bit wide. questionable move, but i moved on this time... but could have done better for sure.

the problem is with Porsche, that it becomes more and more tricky as the balance changes during the stint, but the grip level also changes into the different direction, as the rear tyres are wearing out more than the fronts, so you have less grip but more weight on the rear as time goes by. you can balance this somewhat changing the brake balance to the front but it makes braking harder and harder and also you need more corrections at turn-in. so my problems were mostly due to this, i just couldn't turn in the way i turned in earlier in the stint and in the heat of the battle, i forgot to adjust myself to that.

anyway, still a couple of laps, let's try to get Davy. another Lexus which is very fast in the straight. i had an opportunity when he made a little mistake into T2, but i was forced wide and almost spin, then there was no more opportunities, we finished in a 3-car train with him and Petr.

an eventful but somewhat frustrating race, mostly due to my rusty race reflexes which is mostly caused by that i can do only few races here and there, like once in a week without a lot of practice. but that is life. my pace was okish, certainly enough for a top3 finish, but the outcome was different this time.
sorry to anyone i had incidents with, especially to Petr who - understandably - must have been really upset to me. sorry again.

congrats to Bram, he was on another level this time, also congrats to podium and all finishers.
let's hope in a bigger field next time, see you on the briefing ;)

Last edited:

David Dhoore

Staff member
Donator
Steward
2 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
My race

Q p2
Very little practice for this race , only a few hotlaps before the race and it went horrible. I have a back injury atm and couldnt press the brake properly . Really thought about not doing the race ( posted a message here but deleted it) but with lowering the pressure in the load cell it went a little better . At that moment i had no clue there were 2 mandatory stops so i thought set 1 could be used a lot . Luckally i didnt worn them out to much in qually but that was more because my back hurted rather than saving the set . Still p2 because others were saving tires i pressume.
Race p2
120 mins no problem right and having 2 tire sets , so the plan was start with full tank and add 100 l on the stop
First laps were tricky in cold tires but Bram was gone very quickly and Ralf behind was closing in fast to . I had no idea what was going on as my pace dropped significantly and then i noticed the number 2 next my name , rookie mistake and all caused by being unprepared for the race .Gave Ralf an easy pass cause there was really no point in defending at that time. Also picked up 2 warning early in the race and from then on just tried to be consistent and calculate my new fuel and tire strategy . Managed ok and i could regain the p2 position from Mike later in the race and finish the race like that. Ralf had a pitproblem so that helped me to
All and all happy with the result considering the injury and my wrong pit info .
I could have been closer to Bram if fuel was lower on first stint but it deffo wouldnt have been enough . Bram was just to good on PR .
Grats podium and finishers and i see you all at the next event :)

Rayko

First time for me to post a summary here
Quali:
I always like to jump straight out, no matter the track state (it was still Fast early on in the session). I carefully warmed up the tyres for 3 laps (thats about the point when you reach optimal grip) and did one full push in my final 4th lap, resulting in a 54,4. Not my fastest in these temps but I was happy and decided to sit in the pit for the rest of the quali & save my tyres.
Race:
I decided to start on my "used" quali set with slightly less fuel and aim for 36-38 mins stint. This would provide me 2 fresh tyre sets for the colder/faster temps coming up later in the race. Race start went alright, a bit scary though with the cold tyres and almost braking too late and overshooting turn 1. This alerted me to be extra careful for the remainder of lap 1. As soon as temps/pressures got optimal, I started driving my own pace and already on lap 2 David lost slipstream on me on the straight (probably also because he made the mistake of taking too much fuel) which was a good sign and gave me some extra comfort.
From that point on I started extending my lead, no mistakes and pitstops went as planned.
So 120 min of racing without battling for me, I was curious to see how Sasha would perform here as the Nissan is very strong on PR. (did he retire from the series?)

Congrats also David P2 & Mike P3

See you next week at the dried lake, that will probably be a whole different story :)

Top Bottom