Round 1 Road America GP discussion (60 mins) | 15/08/18

RRL Online Sim Racing

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
very brief recap of the race from my pov..

PLeased with a podium finish. Helped by a few having mistakes or being the consequence of someone elses mistake. Managed to have very few mistakes myself.
Good team result, Ralf bringing home his SLS behind me after being compromised early on.
I was involved in an incident at T1 (L1) which set me back but was able to carve through the field quite well.
x3 tyres is quite a challenge at end of stints if you are only 1 stopping. preserving them a little so you are stronger at end of stint could have some mileage.
Only 25 starters :( its 'ok' but im sure we didnt have 11 withdrawals.
Broadcast was brilliant. Great job @Skenys on providing an extremely competent stream :)

Nemanja

very brief recap of the race from my pov..

PLeased with a podium finish. Helped by a few having mistakes or being the consequence of someone elses mistake. Managed to have very few mistakes myself.
Good team result, Ralf bringing home his SLS behind me after being compromised early on.
I was involved in an incident at T1 (L1) which set me back but was able to carve through the field quite well.
x3 tyres is quite a challenge at end of stints if you are only 1 stopping. preserving them a little so you are stronger at end of stint could have some mileage.
Only 25 starters :( its 'ok' but im sure we didnt have 11 withdrawals.
Broadcast was brilliant. Great job @Skenys on providing an extremely competent stream :)
I was in charge to remove your team mate out of my team mate's way :rolleyes: Once again i apologize to Ralf!
But from that moment on i felt like my car/ass was invisible- pitch black, as a few cars tried to go through me. Got spun a few times.
Pace was there but, was too far back. Even refueled some 25+ liters more than i needed, so some time lost there too.

Looking forward to next race.

See ya

Daniel Badcock

Media
Really enjoyed last nigh despite the frustrations of the T1 incident (not really sure what caused it) - I was trying to avoid some movement and got spun... one of those T1 racing incidents in my view although what caused it may not have been... then getting disconnected with about 22 minutes or so left was very disappointing!

i had so muhc fun making my way through the pack and will take heart from the fact that through practice/quali I was lingering around the top 10 and I had good pace in the race... When the pit stop phase started I was up to about 11th from dead last so getting diconnected not long after my pit stop made me very angry indeed!

Time to take the positives from this race into the next which I am already looking forward to!

Need to watch my replay as I feel as though I made some awesome overtakes... especially the one round the outside at Canada Corner!

Overall I thought driving standards were pretty good too apart from a few clashes that gained me places?!

See you all next time!

Dan

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
i watched the broadcast, good job guys! vey close finish for the win and there were another great battles.
i'm sad that i couldn't be there, but big congrats to my teammate for the strong result!
i'll be back for Silverstone :)

thanks to Miguel for great commentary, good job, hope technical issues won't show up next time.

Peter Bakus

Donator
3 x Driver Champion
Q-12
R-1
...my life didn't get me enough time to prepare for this race properly so I qualified as 12'th far away from top guys. The race started well form and I managed to get in front. Some accident in front and my consistency/tires management give me position 1. I was planning two pitstop strategy but I used Nemanja setup with little tweaks and I could do 1 only. I couldn't push every lap as I wanted as my front left was wearing very quickly and I finished with 2% on the front left. Overall nice racing, well done to all who finished, shame to see only 25 people from 36 registered. I'll see you in Silverstone.
39190022_211676816362657_4933016032492126208_n.jpg
39191427_1818177644934754_6085814847063195648_n.jpg

ToxicTears

Staff member
Events Coordinator
Thank you very much for driving. It was very nice to see all the different cars on one track. I really liked the fact that everyone was going very nice and for a few incidents, I liked the race very much. Unfortunately, I was shot down from the first place and dropped to 12th place. The psychic was gone, the mood also. Finally, it was 6th place and I did not expect that result. The team guy finished second, which is a great result for us. I'm looking forward to the next race.

David Dhoore

Staff member
Donator
Steward
2 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
Very frustrating stuff for me yesterday ,last lap in quali i was on pace to get pole but messed it up on t6 so p5 in
In the race 15 to 20 min p3 or p4 and due to incidents in front of me p1 but then tyre wear was significant and the the rear of my car was sliding all over the place so made a spin ,then i made a silly move on pavel for p6 and my race was completely ruined
This was a race one of missed oppurtunities for me and Daniel ,Daniel got connection problems and i let a top 5 or better position slip to my own bad performance
Only positive from yesterday is that pace was good and that we can fight for good positions
Next race some pressure from the bosses for Silverstone now :)

Rella

Donator
3 x Driver Champion
Good to be racing again. After a good start I wanted to watch the pace of the Nissan and save tyres. But after a few laps when braking for T5 the black M6 got bigger and bigger in the rear view mirror and I couldn't avoid to spin out. Was an eternity to get out of the gravel and I continued around P13. Such things can happen when racing close but race strategy was messed up. From there on I had some great racing making my way through to the field. From my perspective the race could have lasted a bit longer ;) Overall I'm satisfied with our pace and the good team result. Before the race it was so unclear where we stand and overtaking needs a lot of patience in this balanced field. Nice to see so many different brands on the track and to see the competitiveness also of unpopular cars like the P4/5. See you all at Silverstone

Greg Metcalf

Media
to see the competitiveness also of unpopular cars like the P4/5. See you all at Silverstone
The P45 is very under powered compared to the mercs and nissans. Simon passed me with such ease on the main straight, it was as if he had drs and kers activated. Thankfully with the p4 you can make a little time up in the fast corners but any real chance of an overtake with this car will need a mistake from the driver Infront.

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
The P45 is very under powered compared to the mercs and nissans. Simon passed me with such ease on the main straight, it was as if he had drs and kers activated. Thankfully with the p4 you can make a little time up in the fast corners but any real chance of an overtake with this car will need a mistake from the driver Infront.
how is it on fuel and tyres? i'd expect it to be easy on both... anyways nice solid race from you, tracks like Hungaroring or Zolder you will be even more competitive.

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
hmm, i expected less fuel use, i guess for AMG it was around 6,5-6,6 aswell, never checked it correctly, but i needed like 65l for 10 laps...

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
oh, i don't like that. than small tank capacity cars (who used to need less fuel) have disadvantage with this. meh

RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing