Round 3 Hungaroring GP discussion (60min Race) | 12/09/18

RRL Online Sim Racing

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Welcome to the RRL-R3E-S21-GTR3 Round 3 Hungaroring GP thread.

SESSION TIMES (BST)

60 min Race

Official Practice: 19:00 (60 mins)
Qualifying 1: 20:00 (15 mins)
Race 1: 20:15 (60 mins)

TRACK DESCRIPTION

Located in a natural valley in the Hungarian countryside, this track is fantastic for both spectators and drivers. The 4 km's of tarmac is quite varied and presents ample overtaking opportunities. Side by side racing action is the norm here.

TRACK LAYOUT

1535579888044.png

DRIVER BRIEFING

ALL drivers are required to be in the PRE RACE BRIEFING voice channel for the Driver Briefing which will commence 15 mins before Qualifying is due to commence. Those that fail to show without prior warning will be given a warning which will also gain 1 penalty point on your Licence.

LEADERBOARD

http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=1866&car_class=class-1703

RRL LAP RECORDS

N/A

RESULTS / STANDINGS

https://rrleagues.com/r3e-championships/s21-gtr3/s21-gtr3-standings.html

INCIDENT REVIEW

https://rrleagues.com/incident-review-form.html

LIVE BROADCAST

Race will be broadcast LIVE on our YouTube channel. Race link to be provided nearer the time.

REGISTERED DRIVERS

Below is a list of the registered drivers for the series. If any of the registered drivers CANNOT attend this event they must notify us (by leaving a message in this thread) at the earliest opportunity.
  1. @Daniel Badcock
  2. @Simon Fillingham
  3. @Rella
  4. @ToxicTears
  5. @Pepan05
  6. @sebevrah87
  7. @rad
  8. @Michal Pietrasz
  9. @Pavol Nyiri (pagiki)
  10. @Pavel Hutnik
  11. @Malte
  12. @Lukas Kolb
  13. @FRAJDA Daniel
  14. @David Dhoore
  15. @mory666
  16. @Nemanja
  17. @Olman Morales
  18. @trutya
  19. @Peki
  20. @Peter Bakus
  21. @Hellcat
  22. @Xavi Ortiz
  23. @mr_belowski
  24. @Morten Roslev
  25. @Nicolae Hartup
  26. @uk2008
  27. @Ethan Kearley
  28. @Marko
  29. @aSab
  30. @Max
  31. @J. Forsberg
  32. @TeroD
  33. @Stefan
  34. @Greg Metcalf
  35. @Oli Bateson
LIVE BROADCAST

Last edited:

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
huh, tyre wear will be a big issue here...
i did a 10 lap stint in the morning, and the left front was on 36%, which means i could do a 15 lap stint. but i calculate with 34 laps race distance so if people want to make a one-stop race, it will be very much on the limit...
i read some people had no tyre life in the end of silverstone race. i had around 12-13% left so i think they will worry even more ;)
this will be hard that's for sure and 2 stop doesn't woth because of the time loss, you simply can't gain 50s with fresher tyres. with the old tyre change speed maybe it would worth but not now.

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
well 50s is still 50s... i guess 1 stop will be the winner strategy.
but the 95min race at Spa will be interesting. i tend to the 3 stop at the moment...

adrift

Hello racers :D

I'd like to drop from this race and the S21 GTR3 league in order to give someone else a chance and give myself more time to prepare for the FR2 league (plus other casual racing.......:rolleyes:). GL to the racers in the league.

I should also point out that the Mustang was a pretty dismal lot to get stuck with but I not complaining, just considered it "rookie hazing". :p
I've owned 4 Mustangs in my life, sold them all, and now drive a C7 Corvette. I wish RR had the newer GT350R Mustang (which is 4 years old and out of production already...). Personally I'd rather see 6 911s, 6 AMGs, 6 R8s, etc., rather than see a 10 year old car which didn't fit the GT3 image in the 1st place. Just my thoughts on the draft topic for future consideration.

Also thanks to the Stewards for putting on these races, it's really a great venue for that reason, and a lot of much appreciated work for the Stewards.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Thanks for your opinion Jack, we'll take it into account for future series.

Please would you cancel your registration on the website ASAP, or would you like me to do it?

Reserve drivers be ready...

uk2008

Donator
I doubt I will make it aswell.... I got pulled onto pm shifts for the week :/
dunno if u can reserve driver the whole team :p

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Oh man. Still no practice and no expectation of tyre wear.

Sounds like it's gonna be a challenge to trade lap times off against tyre wear for a 1 stop strategy.

Ralf absent so I'm flying solo for this one, feeling the pressure from the team after a dismal showing in WTCC.

And no one wants to drive the Mustang, I can't understand it?

But, I've still got the best paint job and best sounding car in the field though :p

Nemanja

Oh man. Still no practice and no expectation of tyre wear.

Sounds like it's gonna be a challenge to trade lap times off against tyre wear for a 1 stop strategy.

Ralf absent so I'm flying solo for this one, feeling the pressure from the team after a dismal showing in WTCC.

And no one wants to drive the Mustang, I can't understand it?

But, I've still got the best paint job and best sounding car in the field though :p
It will be who can drive slower :D All right-handers are eating tyres if you push it too hard.
This will be the first race like this, something new (to me atleast).

Daniel Badcock

Media
Sadly I haven't managed to get much practice in... I did a little bit last week and managed a 1:46.0 in the server and tyres seemed OK but I only did a few laps! Lack of practice may be beneficial... We shall see!

Looking forwsrd to tonight gents, see you on track!!

Ethan Kearley

Staff member
Steward
Events Coordinator
1:46? Oh for fuck's sake... I really better get some more praccy in today then... ended yesterday with a 1:53 flat after only a handful of laps.

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
if someone wants a one-stop strategy, he has definitely to keep the tyres alive for 17 laps at least. at the moment i'm on the margin of 17/18 laps.
and yes, can't push it for 17 laps as the tyres will gone earlier (at least for me)
it will be interesting to see... but laptimes are dropping for me 2s after 10 laps. and the older the tyres, the easier to make mistakes.
still isn't worth to stop twice. with the old tyre change time it would...
this will be challenging :D

RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing