RRL Online Sim Racing

Round 3 Race of Spa Francorchamps Discussion | 13/02/19

RRL Online Sim Racing

Skenys

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Welcome to the RRL-rF2-S28-P2/GTE Round 3 Race of Spa Francorchamps race thread.

SESSION TIMES (GMT):

Official Practice: 18:00 (105 mins)
Qualifying: 19:45 (15 mins)
Race: 20:00 (100 mins) - Night race (in-game time = 23.00)

DRIVER BRIEFING

ALL drivers are required to be in the PRE RACE BRIEFING voice channel for the Driver Briefing which will commence 15 mins before Qualifying is due to commence. Those that fail to show without prior warning will be given a warning which will also gain 1 penalty point on your Licence.

TRACK - SPA FRANCORCHAMPS

1542221971943.png

LEADERBOARD

http://89.203.250.182:8000/ (Records tab)

INCIDENT REVIEW

https://rrleagues.com/incident-review-form.html

REGISTERED & RESERVE DRIVERS

All registered drivers are required to attend this race. If for any reason you are unable to attend then please state your absence below. If a registered driver is not in the server by the end of the briefing and has not given prior notice of late arrival, their place will be offered to any reserve drivers that are present at the briefing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skenys

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Weights from Paul Ricard+Mosport

"Mikko Korkiakoski": 30 + 20,
"Toni Ukic": 20+0,
"Max Haas": 15+5,
"Simon Fillingham": 10+0,
"Tomas Stanek": 5+0,
"Reinhard Berger": 30+15,
"Robert Horvath": 20+0,
"Daniel Badcock": 15+0,
"Miguel Santiago Carou": 10+5,
"Dmitri Buksha": 0+30,
"Yuri Janssen": 0+15,
"Lukas Lichten": 0+10,
"Andres Asiain": 0+30,
"Denis Pimenov": 0+20,
"Ralf Arella": 0+10,
"Lubomir Nice": 5+0

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
(P2) atm, wing 1 or 2 feels a little suicidal though all the fast corners here. wing 3 is stable but i fear i have to make wing 2 or even 1 work to have a chance at a podium.

I'm sorry, but I have to withdraw from the competition. All dates conflict with my work. I apologize for the confusion and next time I will sign up knowing that I will have time to ride.

Rella

Donator
3 x Driver Champion
That's disappointing after I focused to do all my practice at night like Mikko. After the Mosport issues I fully understand that you are cautious. I just hope the different air and track temperature won't have too much impact. Personally I didn't notice any performance issues and just said yesterday to Dan that LMP2s are better to see at night. But both points seem to be the opposite for some...or most. (Never saw more than 7 or 8 on the server) To be honest the whole rf2 experience doesn't convince me so far as I wonder what's the benefit of modded content with night and rain that is often highly requested in the R3E community when you have such issues then. Nevertheless let's have a nice race tonight and hopefully without any issues.

Skenys

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
If you guys want I can setup the server to start in the evening and go into the night with time accelaration. This would mean you're not on the grid with everyone at night, but ease into it.

SundayDriver

Donator
Guys, unfortunately I need to sign out from this series. I don't have enough time for pracice and RF2 is still quite a challenge to me. I want to focus on S26 WTCR. Apologise for dropping off this league.

Sorry for the Admins who put up all the work & effort...remind that it is hugely appreciated...!!!

But please, can we use for RF2 only official content from ISI or S397 or from top modders like ODB (from the steam workshop)... This is really becoming a joke and a huge frustration with all the issues like stop & go shite, pitstop issues, massive fps issues and bad night lighting and graphicaly poor tracks and whatnot.... In the past DTM leagues I didnt experience the issues like in this league, we mainly used official content (Suzuka, Zandvoort, Silverstone, etc...) and content from ODB (Nogaro, Norrisring, Jerez, Valencia, Paul Ricard, Dubai, etc, etc...)...no strange stop n go things, stable & high fps, no warping, and above all good racing!

Next one is Malaysia which is official S397 content, my guess is that will be a trouble free track and probably also the RedBull Ring but I am NOT looking forward to race COTA or Fuji, I wont put in the time and effort just to be frustrated again when things go south.

Please consider this seriously because I really love RF2 to death (when everything goes right) and racing with RRL and I will find it a big shame if people start dropping out of RF2 leagues now or in the future because of all the issues we are experiencing.

Again, big thx and appreciation for you admins and RRL and all the participants and I really hope we will have a trouble free rest of this season!

kedy89

Driver Champion
cool thing, just restarting the race. gg wp. best league ever. definitely worth it buying the endurance pack just for this.

In the afternoon I bought the Endurance pack. At 19:50 I came to try the game. Qualification fine and then server crash. The whole provider fell, unfortunately. Perhaps for the first time in the year. But then it started to be swift. I encountered Stop & GO and I was second. Very good. Poor evening. And I was not alone. it's a shame that there are such childish mistakes here. I was looking forward to the night and RF2 is playing really well. Head up and think how to avoid it. This is not a way to play.

RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing