RRL Online Sim Racing

Round 4 Spa-Francorchamps GP discussion (95min Race) | 26/09/18

RRL Online Sim Racing
Hey guys, the Four Friends Racing team is kicking off the entire championship because we just can not have fun with the Ford and because we're only struggling with the tires ...
But if it's possible, we'd like to make a guest start at the Nordschleife, as a small farewell in this championship, but with an another car^^
So nice greetings and have fun,
Lukas and Malte

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Hey guys, the Four Friends Racing team is kicking off the entire championship because we just can not have fun with the Ford and because we're only struggling with the tires ...
But if it's possible, we'd like to make a guest start at the Nordschleife, as a small farewell in this championship, but with an another car^^
So nice greetings and have fun,
Lukas and Malte
Confirmed!
It's frustrating to practise multiple hours and then I´m 1sec faster on standard setup with an other gt3.
Shame you cant find your own challenges within the field. Please cancel your registrations on the website.

Rella

3 x Driver Champion
Congrats to Robert, Vlastimil and Peter once more and to all that finished!
Was an exciting race although I couldn't overtake a single car on the track. That was kind of frustrating but I expected something like that. I think my pace was good in the middle sector with wing2 but I didn't have enough speed on the straights against the Godzilla or the M6 beast. In the first stint the field was close together for quite a long time and I think Robert saved tyres with a comfortable gap of 5secs. On the other hand I ruined mine especially after Peter closed the gap from behind. After the pitstop I was 2 positions down and wanted to watch the battle between Peter and Pavol from behind and manage tyres better. Pit strategy seemed to be the only chance to gain positions and at least I could overtake Pavol. After the 2nd stop I came out ~5secs behind Peter and Vlastimil was already 7 or 8 secs ahead. Had a good run and could close the gap half or one sec per lap but couldn't do a move on Peter any more as time ran out. Was great clean racing and I like the longer races a lot where strategy comes more into account. Also thanks again for the great stream! Very enjoyable to watch..."revving the sh* out of the McLaren engine" :D
See you all at Zolder!

aSab

I apologize to Peter Bakus for the mess I caused when you and the pack around him was lapping me. I was messing with my pit board and didn't pay enough attention to the blue flag.
Overall I have to admit that even though I was confident, but I wasn't prepared well enough. I had a decent pace, but my routine just wasn't perfect for Eau Rouge, and my PC let me down too: I had to quit because my buttons and keyboard did not work as expected and I couldn't add more fuel (I was able only to decrease it:)) for my 2nd pit stop, thus I would have ran out of fuel before the end of the race. Otherwise I would have driven till the end, even though I was climbing back from the last place. Too bad.

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
it seems that i had a big luck with the car selection, the AMG worked fine here aswell.
i had a decent pace in qualy, my first 2 laps were cancelled due to cut tracks but the second stint was enough for pole, however some tenths left in and my qualy pace with the R8 was 4 tenths better in last GT3 season.

in race Nemanja had a better start but i was able to keep the lead turning on the outside and having a better exit. in the early laps i pushed and then i settled back a bit to not make mistakes. my setup ws not the best as i suffered from more and more understeer, the difference in the end was like 6-7% between front and rear tyres, but i could keep the pace around 2:20s all race long. it could have been a very much different race if Nemanja passes me after the start, but this time i could keep it clean all race long.

there has to be a great fight for p2, i checked the broadcast only a little but i definitely will watch it all :)
congrats to podium and finishers, hope your asses could have some rest since the race :D

see you at Zolder, it must be a much harder one! no time to relax for 60 minutes.

ToxicTears

Staff member
Events Coordinator
Very beautiful experience and super race. I was looking forward to a long race, which is more interesting in tactics and strategy. The pace was very fast from Robert, and it was hard to keep him. The fight with Robert I surrendered and focused on my pace. Throughout the race I had Peter and Ralf behind me and I just waited when I made a mistake. It did not happen and I am very happy that everything was fine. I showed Peter his big ass and did not let him in front of me. On the Straight I got something, on the brakes he lost something again. We stayed beautifully. It was very interesting and demanding. I've tried a lot not to make a mistake. It would be fatal. The boxing strategy has gone well and I'm glad I saved the tires at 2 stops. Each time, 5% remained on the front tires. Car setup was successful and Godzilla was fantastic. We are going to load the cars into the truck and head towards the Zolder race circuit. It's not that far ;-)

Peter Bakus

Donator
3 x Driver Champion
Q-6
R-3

I must say it was one of my best racing in my life;-) Great battles ,close racing there was some scary movements or situation but overall amazing race...
I don't know why but in qualify I can't get much better time to my race pace, strange. I was prepare for this race but for Zolder I will be even better and I think our beast like that track;-)
Great to all finishers and guys on podium. Well done to Robert for nice pace and victory ;-)

Cya in Zolder

Backo

David Dhoore

Staff member
Donator
Steward
2 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
My race
, good pace in practice but in quali on last lap where i was half second better than my best lap but caught up in traffic and thought i could drive thru a car :) so p6 maybe p3 or p4 was possible
For the race good rythum from the start and could follow the pace from the front drivers,but after 10 laps tire wear was coming an issue and was beginning to make small mistakes . What eventually lead into a spin on t12 where i took to much kurb .
After my first pitstop was behind Max and that was probably he worst situation that i could get ,a fast car on the straight but not very good at cornering ...
Did everything i could to pass max but in the middle sector where my audi was awesome not much chance to overtake and the beamer was just to fast on the straight to make a clean overtake even with wing 1
Kudo's to max who defended very well but made my evening a small nightmare :)
In the end p10 could have been better but sometimes races dont go your way but still had a blast

Next stop zolder

Max

Yes that took quite long but finally you made it with an awsome move and took me by surprise in the breaking zone before the last chicane. That was stunning! Great job!
I hope my defending was clean and fair everywhere. I did not change lines suddenly or block you but I just tried to place my obese body at the worst possible place of the corner. Straights were no problem ;-)

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
there was no hiding from my no/very little practice for this round, and it was very evident in the opening stint of this race. Spa in the GT3's is not something you can expect to wing and do particularly well. Apologies to my teammate, Ralf, for being below par of late - it's proving difficult to find time to practice. i say it every season, but i must restrict my participation in a season's series. that or quit my day job!

lost a few places in the 1st sector of opening lap. apologies for a wee tap on Morten into T10, nothing serious became of it thankfully.
Sab had a moment at top of Radillon and i couldnt avoid him. Collected the McLaren before slamming the wall. Quite a bit of damage and had to wait for field to pass before getting going. Surprisingly, the SLS still drove ok. The challenge of retrieving a point from the race was on!

Stint 2 was good. Jazz getting a DT kept me pushing and the Frenchman would be my inspiration for most of the race, trying to hunt him down.

Surprisingly, there wasnt many drivers dropping out, well not infront of me where it mattered (to me) so i was having to work for every position. Caught Jazz again after final pitstops and had a few good laps trying to make a move stick which i eventually did, and he had some bad luck with Arran.

Stefan was in P15, ~10 secs up the road with ~10 mins remaining, with Robert closing in. It was like Mansell & Piquet in '86 but unf i dont have a dodgy moustache. Caught Stefan on the last lap and at T16 my opportunity arose. The German missing the apex leaving me an easy overtake......

2018-09-27 2302 0001.jpg
:rolleyes::oops::eek:

anyhow...

Grats to Robert, Vlastimil, Peter and all finishers!

Nemanja

Q2
R7

Well, first off all i did not think i will drive this round, as i was on vacation. Did some 30 min practice on server before the Q. Not much expectation i had for this race. Thanks to Peter who fortunately made setup that suited my style :D So i didnt lose time making setup. Still, i knew that lack of practice if a big thing at Spa.
Somehow, in qualy i was right up there, at the top, which i didnt expect.

Had an awesome start, jumped right infront of Robert towards T1, but i still dont have that much confidence in car, so i took it easy on the exit. At the end of the straight i was 3rd, as Nissan was crazy fast, though i was cautious through Radillion, as my tail wipped in every single lap there. Followed easily up to lap 2 T7. I was closing on Vlastimil. I wasnt that far, but he left the door wide open, so i went for it, didnt overshoot my braking point, and kept it tight on the inside, but we made contact. After watching replay, i feel like the doors were shut quite late, as we ve seen cars going side by side through T7-8 more than i few times in sim and in real racing.
Kept my cool and waited for almost whole field to go by, i knew race was looong so I just pressed the reset button and started all over again.
There were a few stupid mistakes, and ofc i screwed atleast 2 laps while recalculating my startegy and fuel.

All in all it was ok race, as my aim was top 7, which i did, although my appetites rose after qualy, and i would ve liked to have traded a bit of paint with front runners, but there is always next race xD

Grats to podium and all finishers, this was a tough one.

Cheers

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
i didn't want to lap you Simon, just settle behind and watch your battle. sorry if i made you nervous because of my car. in last lap i was keeping a bit bigger distance but as you started to battle in Pouhon i arrived close soon.
i didn't see any contact, but i felt a bit sad that your battle ended like this.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
i didn't want to lap you Simon
You mean you couldn't lap me Robert! :D

But seriously, I got the impression you were hanging back to not get caught up in anything and I didn't feel under any pressure from you.
The whole last lap I was thinking 'dont try anything on Stefan too soon, wait your chance which will prob arrive under braking into bus-stop'. But the door was wide open at Stavelot and I wouldn't get a better chance. I must have lost my composure, burried the throttle on the apex kerb and the rest is history.

Daniel Badcock

Media
Bit late, but I thoroughly enjoyed Wednesday's race!

Wasn't sure what to expect with it being 95 minutes as it is a long time since I did a race of this length and my lower back has a tendency to ache like mad!

Qualified 9th and to be honest I was surprised as I had struggled to put a good lap together in practice and was torn between going with wing 1 or 3... Opted for 3 as I didn't have the same feeling with 1 as I did earlier in the day!

Started well and stayed out of trouble and found myself in 8th and at the back of the leading group. I never really pushed properly in the race but looking at my lap times on the website I banged in 2:21 after 2:21 apart from my pitting laps and a few laps with lower fuel and new tyres in the last stint.

I lost so much time in the pits... I really need to perfect my pit timing... I was waaaaaay to cautious on pit entry and I think Jim probably made 3 seconds up in me in the first stop just on entry!

Made an annoying mistake spinning through the chicane that ends sector 2 and lost 2 places but finally finished 9th after some very good gentlemanly sportsmanship from my teammate @David Dhoore who let me back past after I had outbraked myself!

Intense Racing prides itself on good honest racing and we are definitely not Force India... Teammates are allowed to race but we definitely show eachother respect!

Good evening of racing... Congrats @trutya... Who is going to stop the Robert winning machine although I see that @Peter Bakus is clinging on in the championship!

See you all in Zolder!!

RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing