Round 6 Portimao GP discussion (2 x 25min races) | 07/11/18

RRL Online Sim Racing

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Welcome to the RRL-R3E-S21-GTR3 Round Portimao GP thread.

SESSION TIMES (BST)

Sprint Race

Official Practice: 19:00 (60 mins)
Qualifying 1: 20:00 (15 mins) (in-game time of day - Morning)
Race 1: 20:15 (25 mins) (in-game time of day - Morning)
Qualifying 2: 20:40 (15 mins) (in-game time of day - Afternoon)
Race 2: 20:55 (25 mins) (in-game time of day - Afternoon)

TRACK DESCRIPTION

The Autódromo Internacional do Algarve, also referred to as Portimao Circuit, is a 4.692 km circuit located in Portugal. The circuit contains many up and downhill sections leading into slow corners providing great passing options.

TRACK LAYOUT

1539551162583.png

DRIVER BRIEFING

ALL drivers are required to be in the PRE RACE BRIEFING voice channel for the Driver Briefing which will commence 15 mins before Qualifying is due to commence. Those that fail to show without prior warning will be given a warning which will also gain 1 penalty point on your Licence.

LEADERBOARD

http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=1778&car_class=class-1703

RESULTS / STANDINGS

https://rrleagues.com/r3e-championships/s21-gtr3/s21-gtr3-standings.html

INCIDENT REVIEW

https://rrleagues.com/incident-review-form.html

LIVE BROADCAST

tbc

REGISTERED DRIVERS

Below is a list of the registered drivers for the series. If any of the registered drivers CANNOT attend this event they must notify us (by leaving a message in this thread) at the earliest opportunity. Failure to do so could lead to your removal from the series.

1. @Daniel Badcock
  2. @Simon Fillingham
  3. @Rella
  4. @ToxicTears
  5. @sebevrah87
  6. @Lubomir Nice
  7. @rad
  8. @Pavol Nyiri (pagiki)
  9. @Pavel Hutnik
  10. @FRAJDA Daniel
  11. @David Dhoore
  12. @mory666
  13. @Nemanja
  14. @Olman Morales
  15. @trutya
  16. @Peki
  17. @Peter Bakus
  18. @Xavi Ortiz
  19. @mr_belowski
  20. @Morten Roslev
  21. @Nicolae Hartup
  22. @uk2008
  23. @Ethan Kearley
  24. @aSab
  25. @Max
  26. @J. Forsberg
  27. @Greg Metcalf
  28. @Stefan
  29. @Tomas Struhar
  30. @Ross Hawkey
  31. @Valentino Rossi
  32. @Freiderikos Vanger (pending shakedown)
  33. @Cleeve (pending shakedown)
  34. @NedoV
  35. @Paul Hutson
  36. @Glassman76 (pending shakedown)

Last edited:

aSab

Will be all the qualifying and race sessions done at "noon", or will there be a change as we had at Silverstone? I hope not.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Will be all the qualifying and race sessions done at "noon", or will there be a change as we had at Silverstone? I hope not.
adjusted post #1. race 1 will be in the morning, race 2 in the afternoon.

also, the track map isn't quite right as there is no chicane at T2.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
No worries Oli, im sure there will be a stampede for the newly vacated P4-5!

sounds like you did quite a bit of damage then! hope you can make a speedy, full recovery and look forward to seeing you on the grid come Chills n Thrills.
Dont be a stranger!

Daniel Badcock

Media
Hi Simon - sorry but Ive had to dereg from the series as I had to have a pin put into my finger today to straighten it out. Its going to be a few months so wont be able to race till its out and will therefore miss all remaining races. I enjoyed the ones I did though and good luck to the remaining racers - see you in a season early next year :)
Oli, I'm really sorry to hear this - I would be gutted if I had to miss racing for that long so I'm gutted for you!

I wish you a quick and full recovery and that you return to us soon!

Look after yourself!

mr_belowski

Staff member
Donator
Steward
3 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
Yes, sounds painful, hope it's all sorted soon

I need to drop out of Wednesday's race for much more mundane and less heroic reasons (trip away with the kids)

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
After some initial practice... (I refer to corner numbers as they are on track map above)

With 2 quali sessions and how easy it is to exceed track limits at T1 exit, T5 exit, T8 exit, T14 exit & T15 exit it seems the hardest part of the night might be setting a qualifying lap at all!
The elevation changes quite easily catch out any unbalanced cars, esp over the crest at T5 where if you aren't cute with the gas pedal you can find yourself spinning out. Same around T9, very easy to lose the rear at exit if you ask too much from the car.
A high wing goes some way to curing this but will have to weigh up if the loss on the straight is worth it.

Hoping for 2 uneventful races and decent points, but sprint races are seldom so.

Rella

3 x Driver Champion
Our old lady doesn't like sprints, it's better in endurance disciplines. :D A quali lap is my slightest problem...rather a fast quali lap. I guess the bar regarding laptimes and race pace will be raised very high again and at the moment I'm nowhere near the top LB times. Lookig forward to some uneventful but exciting races.

David Dhoore

Staff member
Donator
Steward
2 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
I am struggling at this track ,the Audi should be great on this track but for now i dont see it .the rear is very loose and if i manage to reduce the oversteer the car doesn t steer tight enough into the corners .its a bit the story so far this season for me and the Audi ...understeer or oversteer i cant seem to find a setup that is well balanced for most of the tracks
Maybe my teammate @Daniel Badcock has seen the light and he can give me some tips:)

Daniel Badcock

Media
Unfortunately like my team mate @David Dhoore, I am too struggling here... Haven't done as much practice as I would have liked but I am too suffering from a very happy go lucky rear of the car! I have tried to dial it out but then have massive understeer!

I can't seem to get the right hander over the crest at T4(?) right either... I have to be so careful on the throttle or I am toast!

Any setup gurus wanting to help the mighty Intense Racing GT3 team out?

Hi,

I'm really sorry, but I'll not be able to make this race. I have family visiting, which was planned before I joined the series, and at the time, I thought that this Wednesday would be free.

I'll be back for Zandvoort, and the Nordschleife events.

Sorry again.

RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing