Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Did I try to participate?
Hi Freiderikos!

You have registered for the series.
You must also join our Discord server, you hadnt the last time i checked. https://rrleagues.com/forum/index.php?threads/discord-setup.4/
You must then complete a shakedown with a staff member to see if you are safe to race, but judging by your stats on the RR portal i think you will be.
Cars that remain for selection for this series are: P4-5, Ford GT, Ford Mustang, Corvette Z06 & the Bentley, so you will have to choose from one of them after completing all of the above.

But best to join Discord ASAP so we can help you a bit easier. :)

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
So this race has been pushed back to 7th November due to the problems of the patch on the original race day.

The series calendar has been adjusted and is now correct, meaning S21 GTR3 will now finish on 5th December.

All registrants, as shown in post #1, are now considered as racing at Portimao on the 7th November. Any absences must be stated in this thread.

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
today i tried to change my VGA, but as i wanted to turn my PC on the windows just didn't start, it wanted the boot cd. then i put the old VGA in and tried to start the machine, but the same thing.
i don't know what to do at the moment, i didn't expect to reinstall windows after a VGA change...
what i want to say, if i can't solve this problem until tomorrow evening i have to miss the event...

(any suggestions, anybody? how could i make my PC work?)

Hi, I'm sorry, but I seem to have no luck with this Portimao event. Having been pushed back by a couple of weeks, I thought I'd have made it for this one, but sadly not.

'Real Life' has got in the way again, and I'm not going to be able to make this event.

The good news it that, having been not available for 2 Weds, it seems I'm only going to have missed out on 1 round.

I look forward to Zandvoort on 21st November, and sorry again for not making this one.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
a steady night in terms of results, but nonetheless was an enjoyable nights racing at this testing circuit.

didnt get my Q1 lap right at all and as the session went on finding myself pushing harder and exceeding track limits too often and invalidating laps. i think i was about 14th. immediately settled in to a nice duel with Dan that was very respectful and fair. i was running wing 6, i guess Dan was running higher as i was able to get him on the s/f straight *fairly* easily - perhaps i got a good exit off the last. there was nothing between us for the rest of the race and my tyre deg was so bad i had to drive smarter for the final 7mins to be able to finish the race. i was convinced Dan was suffering too as i didnt come under as much threat as i was expecting, but it appeared this wasnt the case. anyhow, FL was 0% around the last and i was able to hang on to claim, if i remember rightly, a top 10 finish, which was great!

Q2 was a much better lap, and the times from 7th to 18th ish were so close! had a nice few opening corners trying to find gaps and eventually settled in behind Nemanja & Sab (sorry for a slight nudge somewhere Nemanja) and stayed like that for a while. Vlast eventually got me very smartly and Peter also after he had spun(?). Unfortunately, i nudged Peter when taking a slightly different line into the double right (T11 ish) to add further misery to his race. Sorry buddy. Another tustle with Dan before incidents split us up and brought us back together again. Finished about 12th(?) but could have been a lot better in this race.

Grats to winners, podiums, pole sitters, finishers.

svt4cam

Donator
Lot's of fun tonight, Thanks for slotting me in at the last moment @Simon Fillingham Think I ended up 22 in first race and 20th in the second, Couldn't get the BMW to go much faster setup wise. Was running 0 wing and lowered front bump and rebound and raised rear but car was still understeery. Tryed to have fun without messing up folks who were competing in the championship.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
You're welcome Steve, glad you enjoyed it!
The BMW Z4 driver should be back at Zandvoort so if you were thinking of competing, you will likely have to pick a different car. But we'll worry about that nearer the time.
:)

aSab

What a night that was. Congrats to the podiums and an extra hurray for my teammate Pavol :)

I felt "kind of prepared" for this race and all I wished was that I can finish both races without doing large mistakes and without the urge to take a p**. But then as I launched RaceRoom I was puzzled to see that my controller profile was completely reset and I had to set the buttons, the force feedback values, everything. I was lucky enough of having screenshots of my recent settings since I shared those with Arran after our last race. So at least I had my reference at hand in Discord.
The next shock was delivered by Discord itself, (which I think is a very great free tool) - this time it just wouldn't connect audio. Fiddle with settings, read the FAQ, uninstall, reinstall, nada. Pff. After the race though? It was working just as fine as ever. Nice.

Q8 R6 First race was okay, after having done a decent qualy session I only focused on bringing it home. Had real pressure from Jazz from behind and I was catching up to Nemanja. But as I wasn't driving on the edge but rather taking it extra careful at T5 and T9, I didn't really have a fight with him for the position. With some 5 minutes left I realized that my fuel will be tight (CC sad it's worth of 6 minutes) so I was shortshifting and cruising in the next laps, which made me fall back from Nemanja and allowed Max to close the gap a bit.

Q6 R10 Decent qualy again, but a terrible start. Peter took a dive, and then I was along Alejandro and Jim and lost both positions, P8. Then a few laps later whilst fighting with Nemanja I went off the track, rejoined at P16. After a few laps I was up to P11, had a fair fight with Daniel, Petr was just in front and I could have catched him if I would have been taking it to the edge every lap but I was rather keeping it consistent from there on, and eventually ended in P10.

The car was great in both races, I had plenty of tires left. I felt the track suited both the car and my driving style, but there is still room for improvement, I know. It was nevertheless a nice experience to drive in the pack with the top 10 guys to whom I wished to grow up to when I joined the league back last December. So all I can say to any newcomers is that even though I don't practice a lot, but if you do sim racing using your brains and being patient with yourself too, it will show.

Last edited:

Daniel Badcock

Media
What a fun night of racing! Portimao seems to really suit racing and presents ample opportunity for those willing to push!

R1 - Q12, P10

Had a good lap in quali with 30 seconds left that took me to P12, .024 from David. Really enjoyed the battle with Simon and I was close much quicker in a couple of corners, but as Si said, I just couldn't get onto terms with him on the straight... Although I too was running wing 6. Finished .2 behind him but had tyres left although couldn't go any quicker!

R2 - Q17, P11

Had a shocking qualifying session where the car felt completely different. This also happened at Silverstone with the change in time... The race was fun though and settled into a ryhthm behind Greg. He was too quick out of the last corner though so I kept losing touch with his lime green P4/5... Unfortunately he had an incident with Peter and I had to take avoiding action, getting slightly caught up and losing places to Peter Pek and Sab... Had a good quarter of a lap side by side with Sab though... Was the McLaren able to take the last turn flat out? You carried so much speed!!! P11 in the end and I guess not a bad nights racing given how enjoyable it was!

Cheers guys!

aSab

"Had a shocking qualifying session where the car felt completely different. This also happened at Silverstone with the change in time..."
- I second that! I guess different air/track temperatures?
"Was the McLaren able to take the last turn flat out? You carried so much speed!!!"
- In my case only a small lift before the top of the crest to make the front stick and then flat out. Maybe Pavol didn't lift at all.

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
what a nice fight yesterday :)

Q1: 1
i was able to make a decent lap and then i couldn't repeat it. still 41,8 was quite good for me, enough for pole.
R1: 2
i had one of my best starts this time and could keep the lead comfortably. but as i expected, the orange patch in my mirror didn't want to be smaller.
i knew this is a track for McLaren as it's very fast in high-speed corners and has great rear stability out of slow corners what is crucial here. and yes, Pavol was insane fast in last corner, i was matching him in 1st and 2nd sectors but in 3rd one he gave me like half of a second. i tried to defend, but like 10 minutes to go i went wide in T1 and lost the lead. i tried to keep the pace but i did too many small mistakes in the middle of the race.
in the last few laps i was able to close up again but there was no chance to attack Pavol in the straight because he was so much faster in last corner. finished 2nd with like 0.4s.

Q2: 2
i couldn't repeat my lap from Q1, first stint i was held up and 2nd stint i was able to put a mid 42 only in my last lap. still enough for first row fortunately which was my goal.
R2: 2
my start was not so good this time, but at least i kept my position. i tried to hold on with Pavol but he was clearly faster in the beginning.
as the tyres turned to yellow, i started to make mistakes as in R1, mostly out of slow corners. the gap increased to 3s... but didn't give up, however i knew i don't have any chance to win unless Pavol doesn't make a mistake. i closed the gap in the last 5 minutes until 1s but there was no chance as Pavol just eased it off a bit watching his tyres.

that was all in all a great event, was a lot of fun to fight still i lost both of them, without that mistake i guess i could have kept Pavol at bay. but this is racing, still in a good position and Zandvoort will be more suit to AMG i hope.
congrats to Pavol for the wins and Ralf for P3s. and of course all finishers :)
also thanks to Miguel for great commentary!

see you at Zandvoort!

Last edited:

Cleeve

Donator
Allo, I have been looking for a community to race with for a while now and after my first two races I hope I have found it here. I had great fun, was kinda nervous at the start, I know I am joining towards the end of the season so my goal was just to get around the track safely and not get in the way.
My qualifying was fine, nothing to remark on really, 18th and 20th. Race1 started pretty well, made some places, a tapped someone in opening laps but wasnt too bad, they recovered quickly and I didnt make any places, finished 14th which I was pretty happy with, tyres were dead by the end. Race2 I decided I would try conserve tyres a bit so I took it handy, didnt push too hard, finished 17th, again pretty happy tbh.
Race1 Q18, finished P14, +4 is good
Race2 Q20, finished P17, +3 not bad.
So I'm pretty happy with my first outing, I hopefully didnt ruin anyones race and picked up a couple points (I think), I thought the driving from everyone was great, felt safe, I wasnt watching in my mirrors nervously.
As for the car, Ford GT, it drives like a hearse and I hope after this season I never have to compete in it again :)
Thanks lads, and hopefully I can push for position in Zandvoort :)

Ps. I'm Clive in game :)

Rella

Donator
3 x Driver Champion
What a fun night of racing!
Indeed! ;) Enjoyed it a lot although I was squeezing my SLS lemon as much as I could and didn't have the slightest chance to follow Pavol's or Robert's pace. The race for the last spot on the podium in race 2 was just great. I had to improve my qualifying results and was happy that I could reach position 3 in Q1. Start was good and Max was close but suddenly I lost him and had more or less a race against my own and my concentration. I could see the guys in the front the whole race and it looked like Robert and Pavol had a lot of fun there.
In Q2 I messed up my last flying lap before even reaching first corner and was sure I will lose my spot to Robert who was missing at the top at this time. He managed it again to set his fastest lap right before the end of quali, well done! Starting from P4 the race was much more exciting in the middle of a pack with Max Peter Jim and Alejandro. Nice racing guys. I tried to overtake Max on the outside of the last corners because I didn't have enough speed on the straight with wing3. The result was I lost 2 positions :D. After Peter spun out on one of the next corner exits I had the fun to chase Jim and Max. Was very enjoyable until the small touch with big consequences. From there on I had to defend against the Bentley and thought he will eat me up on the straight but seems Alejandro couldn't take enough speed onto the straight from last corner. Two times P3 is the best I could achieve and I'm very pleased with that. Great stream again including the details about David's headlights :D
Zandvoort promises the next close battles. See you all there in the dunes.

RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing