Round 8 Nordschleife VLN discussion (95 min race) | 05/12/18

RRL Online Sim Racing

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Welcome to the RRL-R3E-S21-GTR3 Round 8 Nordschleife VLN thread.

SESSION TIMES (GMT)

95 min Race

Official Practice: 19:00 (45 mins)
Briefing: 19:35 (10 mins)
Qualifying: 19:45 (30 mins)
Race: 20:15 (95 mins)

TRACK DESCRIPTION

The Nürburgring Nordschleife is the longest, toughest and most terrifying track in racing today. The "Green Hell" as it is known, twists and turns through the German Eifel mountains, providing a unique set of challenges.

160 unique turns, 22.8 kilometers and straights allowing you to reach dizzying top speeds, all have been minutely modelled based on laserscan data. Details down to the grafitti on track is recreated, and we are proud to now invite you to race this mythical track with any of the wide variety of RaceRoom cars.

Racing and winning on the Nordschleife has always been very special. Tricky corners, treacherous crests, steep gradients and the constant close guardrails demand great skill from the driver and great understanding of your racing car. There is no comparison to taking on the Green Hell.

TRACK LAYOUT

DRIVER BRIEFING

ALL drivers are required to be in the PRE RACE BRIEFING voice channel for the Driver Briefing which will commence 15 mins before Qualifying is due to commence. Those that fail to show without prior warning will be given a warning which will also gain 1 penalty point on your Licence.

LEADERBOARD

http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=4975&car_class=class-1703

RESULTS / STANDINGS

https://rrleagues.com/r3e-championships/s21-gtr3/s21-gtr3-standings.html

INCIDENT REVIEW

https://rrleagues.com/incident-review-form.html

LIVE BROADCAST

tbc

REGISTERED DRIVERS

If any of the registered drivers CANNOT attend this event they must notify us (by leaving a message in this thread) at the earliest opportunity. Failure to do so could lead to your removal from the series.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
With it being the final round of the season, any penalties awarded to the drivers by the stewards after the race has finished will be in the form of a time penalty added to your total race time.

1 x Warning = +0 seconds (as the driver in question will have waited for the affected car to recover and already lost time this way)
2 x Warning = +10 seconds
No Qualification Penalty = +20 seconds
Drive Through Penalty = +40 seconds

We urge ALL drivers to drive respectfully as always.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Please note:
  • Pre-race briefing will be 10 mins earlier than usual at 19:35 GMT. This is to allow for a longer Qualifying session.
  • Qualifying will commence at 19:45 GMT and will be a 30 min session.
  • During Qualifying, on your outlap drivers are permitted to cut through the barriers at the end of the GP circuit (Coca Cola curve) to begin their hotlap.
  • If a driver voids their hotlap before Coca Cola curve, cutting through the barriers and passing s/f line WILL NOT reset the timer to enable them to start afresh a new hotlap.
  • Stewards will review the 1st sector of the race. Further incidents must be reported in the usual manner.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Hi @Simon Fillingham please register me for the 911 GT3R #9 Gulf oil livery for Nürburgring. Thanks!!
will do!

Not to be dense, where is the Coca Cola curve?
the last turn of the GP circuit, the tight right. there are red/white barriers across the track there. you may weave through them at end of OUTLAP (so you dont have to do an entire lap of Nords) as a shortcut to start your hotlap.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
im capable of ~8:15's at the moment. been practicing on and off for a good month now and although im fairly at ease with the track (i dont need to look at track map for 1st 2 sectors), i only know 1 line and its limitations. tonight i came across a car on the server for the 1st time and its was the clumsiest overtake ever. its quite a narrow track and altering your line to overtake, even when he was assisting, is hairy & scary!

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
So that's the pit entrance that cuts to the right and you can pop out on t&s scoring straight by pit entrance?
2018-11-23 1320 0001.jpg

So to be clear (hopefully), on your OUTLAP ONLY you are permitted at the end of the GP circuit @ Coca Cola curve to safely drive past the cones and weave through the 2 indicated barriers that block the Coca Cola curve to begin your HOTLAP(S). PLEASE BE AWARE OF DRIVERS REJOINING THE GP CIRCUIT AT THE END OF THEIR HOTLAP!

If you use this shortcut after you have already started a HOTLAP, when you cross the s/f line your time will not restart from 0:00 but will continue ticking or be void if you have picked up a cut track warning. In this instance you will need to press 'Escape' to restart your OUTLAP from the pits.

svt4cam

Donator
Gotcha, just as a bit of extra info last night I tried going in pit entrance to right, in your picture if you look at the very far right corner there is a break in the armco you can go through also and onto the racing surface, when you go by start the clock started. Might be better to use so people aren't slowing on track surface during qualy?

David Dhoore

Staff member
Donator
Steward
2 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
No Freiderikos, first you need to pass the shakedown and your previous 2 attempts were not good enough to race with us .
If you think you are ready and your carcontrol and pace is increased then you can contact a member of the staff to give it another go .....

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
well this will be definitely a 2 stop race. the tyre wear is not an issue as i have like 18%/lap, so i would be able to do 5 laps but fuel last only for 4 laps. i calculate 11 laps race but if somebody is very fast doing under 8:00 laptimes (which is i think impossible) it could be maybe 12 laps too.
so 2x4 laps and once 3 laps stints will be, the strategy will be on who stops when, but this is a nice game as you can win a lot of time on fresh tyres if you do an undercut.
my race pace is also around 8:15 at the moment but there is some seconds to find yet... maybe 8:12 is possible on fresh tyres. the main goal here is not to make mistakes, then you have chance for a good result :)

Max

I'm not sure about that Robert. Could also be 12 laps! 8:15 times and 2 stops with about 1 min each would be enough to make 11 laps and cross the line just before 95 mins are over.

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
I'm not sure about that Robert. Could also be 12 laps! 8:15 times and 2 stops with about 1 min each would be enough to make 11 laps and cross the line just before 95 mins are over.
with 2 stops each 1min and 8:15 laptimes the lap numbers are: 5280/495=10,67
with 8:00 laptimes: 5280/480=11

so i expect 11 laps race

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
Its a 95 minutes race Robert, not 90.
So it will be 5580/495=11,27
right?
ouch :D i missed that :D
true
then it's for sure 12 laps, you're right. too bad, then no strategy play in that. everyone must stop after each 4 laps...

Max

No, unfortunately there will be absolutely no room for strategy this time. Everyone will pit in the same laps. It will be all about avoiding mistakes on track.
After the update the Alpina consumes about 2,5 l more fuel per lap, by the way.

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
No, unfortunately there will be absolutely no room for strategy this time. Everyone will pit in the same laps. It will be all about avoiding mistakes on track.
After the update the Alpina consumes about 2,5 l more fuel per lap, by the way.
which update? i thought every gt3 car consumes the same fuel now.
my car needs like 26,5-27l/lap. only you can play with, how much fuel you put in at one stop, you'll have a very little room with +-10l or so, but only 2-3s to win. but enough for an undercut if you are following somebody very close.
small fuel tanked cars even won't have that little room for playing with fuel.

Max

I tried before the update and needed 22,5 per lap and now it is 25.
Means from 90l per 4 lap stint I need 100l now

RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing