RRL News RRL penalties to be revamped for 2019?

RRL News

Press
British_Grand_Prix_Opening_Lap_Crash.jpg

No Qualification & Drive Through penalties look set to be abolished as the penalty system at RRLeagues is understood to be undergoing a modification in preparation for Chills n' Thrills '19.

At present, drivers falling foul of the rules can expect anything from a Warning, 2 x Warning, No Qualification penalty (NQ), Drive Through penalty (DT) and Race Ban; but stewards are said to be keen to impose a more immediate punishment on the offending driver. This suggests the NQ & DT penalties, which see drivers serving their penalty at the next round attended, could be up for the chop.

The RRL Licence, which is a form of accruing driver warnings & penalties through a series, is almost certain to remain as stewards see this as an excellent tool to deter drivers from continuous infringements of the rules.

Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

how would instant punishments be imposed though? there is no way to replay live incidents during a race maybe leading to snap decisions?

Daniel Badcock

Donator
I feel that this could be the way to go... Currently, I feel that you can destroy someone else's race and still go on to score good points... A time penalty added after the race is, in my opinion a better option as it penalises that race (you may win as a result of reckless driving) but you don't gain anything as you are stripped of your points through a time penalty or retrospective DQ?!

Another thing I think we could adapt is what the BTCC use - I believe they use a 'strike' system where after your third strike, you start at the back of the grid (NQ) and after your fourth, you miss a race - not sure what people's thoughts are on this but it could be looked at?

Keep up the good work guys, we are all very grateful!

Nemanja

Donator
I feel that this could be the way to go... Currently, I feel that you can destroy someone else's race and still go on to score good points... A time penalty added after the race is, in my opinion a better option as it penalises that race (you may win as a result of reckless driving) but you don't gain anything as you are stripped of your points through a time penalty or retrospective DQ?!

Another thing I think we could adapt is what the BTCC use - I believe they use a 'strike' system where after your third strike, you start at the back of the grid (NQ) and after your fourth, you miss a race - not sure what people's thoughts are on this but it could be looked at?

Keep up the good work guys, we are all very grateful!
I think we have that already, correct me if i am wrong. You get three warnings and you get NQ, that's three hits if you wait for the driver..

Rella

3 x Driver Champion
RRL #1 Driver
Currently, I feel that you can destroy someone else's race and still go on to score good points... A time penalty added after the race is, in my opinion a better option as it penalises that race
+1...my thoughts translated into proper English ;) I've seen these kind of penalties in several racing series when the accountable driver couldn't or didn't want to serve the penalty during the race. As we don't have real time stewarding time penalties up to DQs depending on the severity of the incident would be a good improvement imo.

J. Forsberg

Staff member
Donator
Steward
+1...my thoughts translated into proper English ;) I've seen these kind of penalties in several racing series when the accountable driver couldn't or didn't want to serve the penalty during the race. As we don't have real time stewarding time penalties up to DQs depending on the severity of the incident would be a good improvement imo.
+1

aSab

Donator
+1 on both the license and the time penalties/DQs

on the other hand, some kind of success ballast/grid drop system would be nice too :rolleyes: