RRL Online Sim Racing

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Series Overview

We promised you it would be back bigger & better than before and after a summer hiatus, the popular GT class returns with a bang for a season of exclusive GTR3 racing. Sprint, 1 hour & 95 min races will make up Season 21, where cars will be assigned according to our driver rankings!

S21promo.png
Series Trailer

Thanks to @ToxicTears for the video.

Series Information
  • Get Real Mode
  • 17 different cars of the GTR3 pack will be utilised
  • 8 rounds
  • Sprint, 60 min & 95 min races
  • Points structure for each race format
  • Preseason draft
  • Drivers & Teams Championship
  • 500 VRP Prize
  • Wednesdays 20:00 BST
  • Commences 15/08/18
  • RRL Licence

Series Registration Information
  • There are 36 available slots for S21 GTR3.
  • Series registration (not car selection) will be on a first come, first served basis.
  • Registration will be for the entire series. There will be no individual race registration.
  • Signing up for the series means you have made a commitment to participate in each round and every effort should be made to fulfil this, no matter what car you are assigned.
  • Drivers must be registered on our forum and Discord server. Registrations made without valid forum and Discord accounts will be cancelled.
  • Your in-game name must match, or be a very close match of, your real name.
  • Drivers that fail to show for any round risk being removed from the series with whoever is #1 on the waiting list being invited to join the main 36, taking the car of the withdrawn driver. This is the only instance where a reserve driver will be invited to join.
  • Drivers wishing to register for this series must do so on the website using the link below.

Independent & Team Entries
  • Priority will be given to TEAM registration, and so will open at 19:00 BST on 26/07/18.
  • Teams will consist of 2 drivers.
  • Team entries must drive the same car but different liveries.
  • At the point when 18 team entries have been received or by 05/08/18 (whichever is sooner), the S21 GTR3 Draft will be produced. This will show which cars each team has been successful in securing.
  • Individual registration will then open at 20:00 BST on 05/08/18 and remain open until all remaining cars have been taken.
  • Please note - if all slots have been taken during team registration there will be no individual registration, so it is advisable to get your team sorted ASAP.
  • Please post below if you are looking for a teammate so you can have teams ready for when registration opens.

Car Selection
  • Please refer to the Buyers Guide in post #2 to check available cars for this series.
  • Only 1 team per car is permitted.
  • Car changes will not be permitted.

Series registration will open at 19:00 BST on 26/07/18 (Teams only)

VRP Prize
  • A 500 VRP Prize will be awarded at random to a driver who competes in and crosses the finish line in ALL 8 rounds of the series. The admin's decision is final.
  • Prize donated by Sector3Studios.

Please note, as well as being a member of the website, you must have a forum username and Discord tag (and belong to RRLeagues channel) to complete series registration.

All drivers must adhere to RRLeagues Rules.

Please also see our Quick Guide & FAQ.

Last edited:

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Season 21 GTR3 Buyers Guide

There are 18 cars in the GTR3 car pack. The RUF is no longer available for purchase in the store so will NOT be included for selection.

After the most recent BoP update from Sector3, the GTR3 car pack is fairly well balanced and for this reason, we will be utilising the entire GTR3 pack - EXCEPT FOR THE CHEVROLET CAMARO GT3. The Camaro is the only car that sticks out from the rest of the pack, being very good at high-speed tracks and below par everywhere else. It also has by far the biggest fuel tank and is fairly low on fuel consumption to further unbalance the car.

So, all remaining 17 cars of the GTR3 car pack will be assigned to teams for this series! Please see post #3 that explains the car selection process.

Click here for a guide to the cars available for selection in our GTR3 championship: Season 21 GTR3 Buyers Guide

Last edited:

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Preseason sign-up and draft info

For this series, we are introducing a different way that drivers will have their car assigned to them for the championship. A 'Draft' will be held on Sunday 5th August at 19:30 BST, or sooner if all slots have been taken. The Draft order will be updated as we receive team entries. Any drivers registering after the draft can choose any remaining car.

The Draft order will be decided by a simple average score based on the driver rankings using this formula: ranking points / number of races. Both driver's averages will be combined to determine the order of car picks. The team with the lowest average will get their first choice of car pick.

A snapshot of the driver rankings will be taken on 18/07/18 (see post #4) which will be used to determine driver averages. To be eligible for an average ranking rating for this series you must have taken part in a minimum of 3 'Get Real' races at RRLeagues. Anyone who doesn't qualify for an average rating will automatically receive a ranking average of 10.

Car/livery preferences will be requested via your User Menu on the website and must be submitted no later than Saturday 4th August at 19:00 BST. As there is only 17 cars available to chose from (meaning 34 cars) the first duplicated entry we come across will be honoured. This means there will be 2 teams of 1 certain car on the grid, making 36 drivers in total.

Team registration will open before individual registration, so it is advisable to form a team before completing registration. Please use this thread to announce if you are looking for a teammate.

EXAMPLE ONLY!!

avg.png

In the above image, you will see an average score for the drivers - a simple calculation of score /(divided by) races.

If Nemanja (7.19) & Peter (7.92) were to form a team, they would have a combined average of 15.11
If Reinhard (8.45) and David (6.06) were to form a team, they would have a combined average of 14.51

So when it comes to having the choice of cars, Reinhard & David would have their 1st pick honoured as they have the lowest ranking (and in essence the weaker team of the 2).

When all entries have been received, or by date of the draft (whichever is sooner), admins will distribute cars with the team with the lowest average receiving their #1 car choice. The team with the 2nd lowest average will then receive their #1 pick, unless it has already been taken by the team with the lower average where they will be given their #2 choice. And so on and so on until all 36 cars have been assigned to teams/drivers.

Last edited:

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Driver Average Rankings - an image of the rankings table with averages will appear here on 18/07/18. This will be used to determine ratings for the draft. If you are not on this list, your average ranking will be 10.

rank1.JPG
rank2.JPG
rank3.JPG
rank4.JPG

Last edited:

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Draft Order - will be updated as we receive team entries.

Teams & Liveries

Team Misfits - Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R | Hartup #77 / May #77
BH Racing Junior
- Porsche 911 GT3 R | Carman #9 / Nice #30
CrewChief Mega Corps Works Team
- Porsche 911 GT3 R | Britton #911 / Roslev #912
Intense Racing
- Audi R8 LMS | Badcock #44 / Dhoore #34
GFR Team 2
- McLaren 650S GT3 | Nyiri # / Albertini #88
BH Racing
- Nissan GT-R GT3 | Lukas #23 / Pek #80
HM Racing
- Mercedes AMG GT3 | Horvath #89 / Moravec #88
GFR Czech
- BMW Z4 GT3 | Struhar # / Hutnik #4
Triple S Racing
- Bentley Continental GT3 | / Forero #17
Lets Kick Some Buts Racing Team
- BMW M6 GT3 | Manojlovic #12 / Bakus #55
Seventy Seven
- Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 | Fillingham #1 / Arella #6
Last Minute
- BMW Alpina B6 GT3 | Haas #01 / Riedl
Absolution Motorsport
- McLaren MP4-12C GT3 | Pawlaczek #12 / Frajda #
Four Friends Racing
- Ford GT GT3 | Hutson / Brittain #40
Hell Racing
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3 | Hawkey #37/
RaceRoomers.pt GT Team
- Ford Mustang GT3 | / Ortiz #35
Team Ultra
- Audi R8 LMS Ultra | Forsberg #51 / Rossi
Pulp Friction Racing
- P4-5 Competizione | Hecke / Metcalf #20

Last updated - 22/11/18 at 22:10 GMT

Last edited:

aSab

I'm looking for a teammate to drive either the 911, Mercedes AMG or McLaren 650S (haven't tested them extensively yet, but this is my current order of preference and that might change later on, however I don't plan to buy any other cars).

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
i see one problem with this system (only 36 cars allowed) - so no newcomer can enter during the season as (i expect) every 36 entry slot will be taken at the very beginning. what happens if someone quits mid-season but a reserve driver doesn't want to team up with the remaining driver of that team? is he allowed to use only the remaining one car?
what if someone can't race on a certain event, so there will be free place, who can jump in and which car with?
shouldn't we leave more availabilities for drivers on reserve list?

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
This is why I try to reiterate that ppl should only register if they are committed to the series. Sure, there are IRL issues that occasionally stop us from racing and I have no problem with that. But even still this should leave us with 30+ drivers per race which is ample, imo.

If we invite a reserve driver in every time someone can't make a race, he will have to have the car of the absent driver and as this is likely to be different each time, and to keep the balance of the field i feel this needs to be the case. BUT, i dont expect the #1 guy on the reserve list to have to buy new cars for each race, so took the decision to only invite the reserve driver if we have a permanent withdrawal, so permanently taking the vacated car.

As i said though, we should still have grids of ~30(+) at races if we all honour our commitments the best we can.

Berger R - 74

4 x Driver Champion
i do not understand how carselect do work (especialy for teams which pick car at last), there is not way to make 15 or 17 different cars in an order for the last pick team.
so i think it is better to ask teams after registration is over.
only the first teams can write their favourite car(s), later this is not possible and you have to watch what cars are still free.

if i remember correct, then the P4-5 compentione car is any seconds slower then the other gt3 cars, this car had no other carclass, so they did put it in gt3 class any time ago,
if a car is 1-2 sec. behind all other cars it is useless and i bet this team will quick after any races....in racedepartment they had similar problems i think if they did try to make a championship with everbody get a random car in raceroom game. there whould be at least 2-3 cars reserve for the last pick team, i bet that there will be a few totaly useless cars.

...and no, i do not write this for me, a try to help, and i do not stop to write thjings which do help, i fear already what will happen during the seaosn, and teams which have to slow cars do quit (mostly silence).

servus

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
maybe if there would be 4-4 cars of each brand available (2 teams), the teams don't have to use the useless cars (P4/5, Ford GT for example), and still the draft has some point as the best teams still have to select from the slower cars...
but the admins will decide, i'll go with any car i get (just no McLaren please :D )

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
well, David, Jazz & myself tested all cars when we were putting this championship together and i contacted a Sector3 developer to get an honest opinion of the state of the GTR3 pack. our testing showed no huge performance differences that would give a particular car (P4/5 / Ford etc) a certain disadvantage during the season. there were cars that we could get a good lap time out of and others we couldnt but the difference from best to worst is not that big, and the cars that were worse were maybe not the ones you would expect. its down to the drivers to come to their own decisions though which is why we announced this series a little earlier than scheduled.

As far as selecting your cars for the series - in post #5 of this thread we will update the order of teams when we receive team registrations. this will give your team an idea of how many car selections they need to submit to stand a chance of getting the car they want. so the team in the #1 position will only have to submit 1 car pick as they are guaranteed there 1st choice. the team in 18th place will obv have to submit more as there are 17 teams before them that get to pick before. if my team was 18th on the list, i would prob submit about 10 cars, leaving out 7 that i know will be popular and certain to have already been picked.

so.... its easy to say certain cars are 'dump', but performance wise there is not a lot in them which is why we should stick to all 17 cars being used. sure, the newer content might look better and have better dashboards but thats just cosmetics. and im aware it may be an easy excuse for ppl to quit half-way through the season as they didnt get the car they wanted, but i think we need to be positive here and look forward to the challenge of making your assigned car work.

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
just one question: so if a team is 15th on the draft list, it has to give a wishlist with 15 cars in order? and it gets the first car which is not taken already?
like: AMG, 911, M6, R8, R8 Ultra, Mustang, B6, Ford GT, Z4 - and if the GT is the first car which is not taken you'll get that?

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
good question.

that's correct in theory Robert. but if i was 15th i wouldn't bother including some of them cars (cough, new content, cough) as they are surely gonna be a lot of peoples top picks? i could be wrong though and there is no certainty this will be the case, so there is no harm doing as you suggest

:)

trutya

3 x Driver Champion
you're right Simon but never know... maybe nobody likes Porsche, haha :)
i do like a lot of old cars, but i guess they'll be taken aswell, but that's life
btw need some more testing to get a good wishlist order for sure.

RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing