RRL Online Sim Racing

Studio 397 Announce 24 Heures du Mans Is Coming To rFactor 2

RRL Online Sim Racing

Jon Patterson

Staff member
Donator
Media
Events Coordinator
With the 24 Hours of Le Mans a mere fortnight away, Studio 397 have just announced they will be bringing the legendary Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans, also known as Circuit de la Sarthe, to rFactor 2.

Whilst it’s well known the Netherlands based team have been working on a laser scanned version of the Nordschleife, the announcement that 24h Le Mans will be coming to their sim “sooner than you think” will surely come as a surprise to many.

Studio 397, whose name bears a reference to the record 397 laps set during the 24h in 2010, have confirmed the track will also use laser scan technology to ensure every millimetre of the 13.6km circuit is brought to life with stunning accuracy.

More details are expected over the coming weeks. In the meantime, enjoy some of the images they have released!

Le-Mans-1-1920x1080.jpg

Le-Mans-2-1920x1080.jpg

Le-Mans-3-1920x1080.jpg

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
I've only drive this track once, back at URL.

I expect this version to be very high quality and to take the Oreca for a few laps on here in VR would be very special. Looking forward to it. And Nords :)

Jon Patterson

Staff member
Donator
Media
Events Coordinator
That was a new one on me as well!

I've actually only driven Le Mans in Project Cars, on console no less. Even still, it was an amazing feeling driving there at night. Remember getting spooked racing into the darkness thinking I'd missed my braking point for that first chicane on the Mulsanne Straight!

RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing