RRL Online Sim Racing

Update, patch & dev notes reaction thread...

RRL Online Sim Racing

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Media
Some great features being worked on at S3 according to the March dev notes. Great content arriving in the next update which is due anytime soon. The future doesn't look too bad at all for RaceRoom!

What do you think?

:)

suspectmonkey

Donator
As a Fanatec McLaren GT3 rim owner I'm looking forward to seeing the new Fanatec SDK being supported so I can finally make use of those multi-position switches!

The custom HUD overlay also caught my eye, and I'm really hoping there might be some possibility of importing the new telemetry data into MoTeC as that's something I really miss in R3E!

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Media
yes, extra telemetry could be useful. I kinda like the simplicity of R3E though, this extra data all needs fine tuning = time. Something I don't have a great deal of. But thats my problem, not the games. I'm waiting for the chief to be able to tell me what I should do with pressures/camber/toe etc now he will be able to read tyre temps. However...

I haven't seen any mention of tyre temperatures in the March dev notes. If we're getting adjustable tyre pressures, surely we need to see the temperatures to see if pressure adjustments have had the desired effect?

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Media
Si, you already can read tire temps in the game itself or via Pro Racing Dashboard.
You mean on the data pages on the steering wheel , Sab? That you can cycle through on *some cars only*? Ideally, we need temps etc on the setup page so we can see what adjustments need to be made.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Media
What are you expecting in the update on Thursday? Aside from the 2 new Porsches & Nissan and a bunch of fixes, is there anything from the recent dev notes that you are hoping will find it's way into update?

I don't think there'll be any of the new damage model ready yet, but maybe tyre pressure and flat spots could arrive. Also hoping the dedi server tool will get it's makeover sooner rather than later.

trutya

Donator
3 x Driver Champion
What are you expecting in the update on Thursday? Aside from the 2 new Porsches & Nissan and a bunch of fixes, is there anything from the recent dev notes that you are hoping will find it's way into update?

I don't think there'll be any of the new damage model ready yet, but maybe tyre pressure and flat spots could arrive. Also hoping the dedi server tool will get it's makeover sooner rather than later.
new Nissan? which one, the 2018 GT3?

thekan76

Staff member
Donator
Steward
during downloading of RR update, Windows Defender found this Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl
file: D:\Steamlibrary\steamapps\downloading\211500\Game\protect.dll

do you know something about it?

ps windows defender put it in quarantine

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Media

suspectmonkey

Donator
I've definitely been experiencing a drop in performance since the last update, and I haven't even touched the new HUD yet. Posted about it in an existing thread on the S3 forum, but it's difficult to provide specifics as I just know what framerates I used to get and I'm now seeing figures up to 20% lower. I've lowered my graphics preset to Medium in the meantime which has brought my fps back up, but it definitely doesn't feel as smooth as it used to. That's just my perception though!

On a plus side, the new Group C cars are epic and might force me to set aside my previous rule of not racing historics :D

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Media
So now server admin can add ballast (kg) to a driver and/or car.

Never been a fan of ballast in an effort to subdue someone's talent and using ballast (server side) to BoP a car pack seems like an easy way out of the devs getting it right in the 1st place. That's not a slur on their work, I appreciate all the variables that can effect getting a BoP just right are exhausting, and that's their job! (together with beta testers...). imo, it's unwanted pressure on admin to make decisions about ballast that will never suit everyone.

I'm not saying we'll never use ballast, but that's how I feel about it atm.

Greg Metcalf

Donator
Media
So now server admin can add ballast (kg) to a driver and/or car.

Never been a fan of ballast in an effort to subdue someone's talent and using ballast (server side) to BoP a car pack seems like an easy way out of the devs getting it right in the 1st place. That's not a slur on their work, I appreciate all the variables that can effect getting a BoP just right are exhausting, and that's their job! (together with beta testers...). imo, it's unwanted pressure on admin to make decisions about ballast that will never suit everyone.

I'm not saying we'll never use ballast, but that's how I feel about it atm.
It's great that we have the options available to us

trutya

Donator
3 x Driver Champion
i'm not against success ballasts... it's good that the field will be more balanced and more drivers will have a chance to reach a podium.
of course aliens will be against it...
in the recent wtcr season the races and championship would have been even more close with success ballasts, i'm sure.

RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing RRL Online Sim Racing