• Welcome to RRLeagues | Online Sim Racing!

RRLeagues is an established sim racing community and home to many like-minded, respectful individuals all with a passion for racing.

Register your free account today to begin your virtual race driver career!

See you on track...

RRL-R3E-Season 38-NLS Green Hell | Series & Sign up info

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion

LNS_1jpeg.jpg

RRLeagues presents its first real endurance series on motorsport's greatest track - The Green Hell.

Spanning 10 months, drivers will endure the infamous Nurburgring on a monthly basis putting man & machine through the ultimate test.

The BMW M235i Racing Cup; Audi TTRS Cup & GTR3 classes will share the hallowed tarmac as teams & their pilots embark on this unique challenge to achieve their own success.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Series Information
  • Sim: R3E
  • Sunday 18:00 UK
  • Commences 16th February 2020
  • 10 rounds
  • 1.5 - 2.4h race length
  • Multiclass: GTR3 (12 slots); Audi TTRS Cup (12 slots) & BMW M235i Racing Cup (12 slots)
  • Drivers Championship
  • Teams Championship
  • Iron Man Championship
  • Manual rolling start
  • Delayed class start
Series Registration Information
  • There are 36 race day slots available for S38 Green Hell, the ideal split being 12/12/12 between the 3 classes.
  • Registrations will be capped at 15 drivers per class to better manage absences over the 10 months.
  • The 12/12/12 split will not be rigid on race day. If we have absences from one class and an overload of available drivers in another class(es) we will fill available slots with these.
  • Drivers who sign up sooner will always be prioritised when it comes to race day slots.
  • Drivers are required to confirm their attendance on RaceApp for each race. Any slots not confirmed by 6 days before event will be offered to guest drivers.

• We take participation and commitment very seriously at RRLeagues. Signing up for the series means you are in a position to attend at least 75% of the scheduled races and every effort should be made to fulfil this. Drivers unsure if they can commit to a series should apply as a guest for single events.
  • Those who persistently register for a series but fail to attend races will have registration restrictions applied in the future.
  • Registrations made without valid forum and Discord accounts will be cancelled.
  • Your in-game name must match (or be a very close match of) your real name and must be added to your RaceApp profile.
  • Drivers wishing to register for this series must do so at RaceApp using the link below.
  • New members will not be permitted to drive in the series until they have passed a shakedown with a staff member (Rule A5)
  • The booking reference that is required on RaceApp to complete registration can be found here.
Independent & Team Entries
  • This series is open to Independent and Team registrations, but we do encourage Teams to be formed wherever possible. Please post below if you are looking for a teammate so you can have teams ready for when registration opens.
  • Teams will consist of 2 drivers.
  • Team entries must drive the same car & livery
  • Teammates may not be changed after the opening day of the series
  • Independent entries may choose any car/livery that does not have 2 drivers attached to it.
Delayed start
  • A time delay will be utilised to promote multiclass action. In light of this, 6 mins will be added to the advertised race time of each race.
  • GTR3 class will begin rolling start procedure at time + 6 mins (green light)
  • Audi TTRS class will be rolling start procedure at time + 2 mins
  • BMW M235i class will be rolling start procedure at time + 0 mins
Car Changes
  • Car/livery changes are not permitted after the opening day of the season. Selections as of 00:01 on 16.02.2020 are final.
Broadcast (if applicable)
Disclaimer
  • By registering for this series you agree to your name (and any aliases) being used in any of RRLeagues social media posts/broadcasts.
Entry Fee
  • Once again, this series is FREE to enter! Please be aware that staff invest many hours of their free time providing these highly polished, professional events. If you would like to show your appreciation of our efforts and to help us develop new features, then please consider a donation to RRLeagues. DONATE HERE.
VRP Prize
  • A 500 VRP Prize will be awarded at random to 2 drivers who starts ALL 10 rounds of the series. The admins' decision is final.
  • Prize donated by Sector3Studios.
Series registration will open at 19:00 (UK) on 30/01/20

All drivers must adhere to RRLeagues Rules.

Last edited:

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Great format - i drove almost a full season in the PRVLN, so I’m familiar with this format.
Do you take two good drivers from Ukraine?
Hello, Zhirayr! and welcome to RRLeagues! :)

You will be very welcome on our grid along with your friend, presumably Alexander.

Hopefully we can get some big gridsfor this monster circuit.

Mitchell Welker

Why is the car count capped at 36? If you get 12/12/12 as desired it just seems like a terribly small amount of cars to me, especially for the 'ring. Maybe I'm biased coming from iRacing's huge fields, I'm not sure.

Simon Fillingham

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Steward
Driver Champion
Why is the car count capped at 36? If you get 12/12/12 as desired it just seems like a terribly small amount of cars to me, especially for the 'ring. Maybe I'm biased coming from iRacing's huge fields, I'm not sure.
Hi Mitchell. It's because of net code issues and server instability. Anything above 36 connections and the server becomes unstable - many disappearing cars & disconnections. 36 is the best we can do on R3E without issues. Yes, a shame when it comes to a track like this.

J. Forsberg

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Also the track itself.. alone it consumes a ton of resources, after adding the 36 cars, server is almost on its limit.

We'vw already tried in the past (even not at Nords) with 40+ cars, and it wasnt stable. A shame as Si said, but we can only hope S3Studios will bring some updates in that regard.

In the meantime, 36, while not being ideal, is not bad neither !

mjw9847

Donator
I was really looking forward to this series with my favorite car (Audi TTRS) on my favorite track but unfortunately 100 minutes is my limit on track time so I'm going to have to pass:(.

mjw9847

Donator
May I ask why is it so Mike?
In a word, Jazz, "AGE". My body is just too old to sit like that for too long. As it is with 100 minute races I have to take several potassium pills before the race and hydrate well to keep my legs and feet from cramping. And of course, drinking all that water to keep hydrated makes me have to pee so I have that to deal with too.

J. Forsberg

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
In a word, Jazz, "AGE". My body is just too old to sit like that for too long. As it is with 100 minute races I have to take several potassium pills before the race and hydrate well to keep my legs and feet from cramping. And of course, drinking all that water to keep hydrated makes me have to pee so I have that to deal with too.
Yeah Im physiotherapist.. so I get it.
Have you try to change "posture" from time to time when driving? it helps to me, especially for the lower back.

Also, sometimes I suffer from pain coming from contracted trapezed, so I use those things around the neck to help me to avoid getting more "damage".

Endurance races are more relaxed I'd say. If I were you I'd still join, strech before, warm up, moveduring the race, and go pee when at the pits even if lose time.

I could give you more advice maybe, but would need more info. For now, man, join us, and if you cant keep up unreg. The fun and the fact that is one of your favs combos makes it worth imho. Just prepare yourself as if it was any kind of physical activity. I do it :)

mjw9847

Donator
Yeah Im physiotherapist.. so I get it.
Have you try to change "posture" from time to time when driving? it helps to me, especially for the lower back.

Also, sometimes I suffer from pain coming from contracted trapezed, so I use those things around the neck to help me to avoid getting more "damage".

Endurance races are more relaxed I'd say. If I were you I'd still join, strech before, warm up, moveduring the race, and go pee when at the pits even if lose time.

I could give you more advice maybe, but would need more info. For now, man, join us, and if you cant keep up unreg. The fun and the fact that is one of your favs combos makes it worth imho. Just prepare yourself as if it was any kind of physical activity. I do it :)
I'm very tempted, for sure. I hate to commit to something and then not be able to follow through but I'll give this some more thought, including your suggestions, and may just jump in. Thanks for your input.

J. Forsberg

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
I'm very tempted, for sure. I hate to commit to something and then not be able to follow through but I'll give this some more thought, including your suggestions, and may just jump in. Thanks for your input.
I understand it perfectly, I do hate as well faulting to my commitments, but hey, you're doing your best, so you can have some more room as well, and dont be thats exigent with your "eventual" indisposal, if oyu know what I mean (my English isnt that good)

mjw9847

Donator
Understood, Jazz. And your language skills are far better than mine these days. I used to be fairly fluent in Spanish and could converse a bit in Arabic and even a little Russian but haven't used any of it in decades and it is almost all gone.

J. Forsberg

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Mamma mia, ARABIC !!! I'd love to learn it, same with russian..
Languages need to be used to not get rusty. It happened to me with English after I ended my studies. When I landed at Race Department in 2017 or so, I remember I was struggling a ton! only to say hi and something else.. thought I was done haha

But yeah, as soon as you restart using it, it comes back at a fairly nice rate. I do speak Spanish too, so if you ever fancy practicing for the sake of it just let me know :)

Cheersbuddy, and please.. join us ! :D

Top Bottom