• Welcome to RRLeagues | Online Sim Racing!

RRLeagues is an established sim racing community and home to many like-minded, respectful individuals all with a passion for racing.

Register your free account today to begin your virtual race driver career!

See you on track...

S41 GT3 | Round 6 | 29/07/20 | Kyalami

Added to Calendar: 29/07/20

trutya

Staff member
Steward
4 x Driver Champion
Events Coordinator
Welcome to the RRL-ACC-S41-GT3 Round 6 Kyalami thread.

SESSION TIMES (UK time)

Official Practice: 18:30 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 19:30 (15 mins)
Race: 19:48 (120 mins)
Endurance race format: 120min race. There is no mandatory pit window, tyre change, refuelling or driver stint limit. Strategy is free.
In-game race start time: 05:00
Time acceleration: 3x

DRIVER BRIEFING

ALL drivers are required to be in the PRE RACE BRIEFING voice channel for the Driver Briefing which will commence 15 mins before Qualifying is due to commence. Those that fail to show without prior warning will be given a warning which will also gain 1 penalty point on your Licence.

TRACK DESCRIPTION

After many layout and owner changes, this awesome circuit near Johannesbur returned to international racing in the second half of the 2010s. Hosting the IGTC season finale in 2019, the track proved it's highly capable of good, close racing and contains also many overtaking opportunities. The flow, the diversity of landscape levels, corner types and killing sausage curbs makes it exciting for the drivers too.

TRACK LAYOUT

Kyalami_16.png

INCIDENT SUBMISSION

REGISTERED DRIVERS

All registered drivers are required to attend this race. If for any reason you are unable to attend then please state your absence below. If a registered driver is not in the server by the end of the briefing and has not given prior notice of late arrival, their place will be offered to any guest drivers that are present at the briefing.

GUEST DRIVERS

Any driver who is not registered for this series may apply for a guest start at this event here: Requests will also be confirmed, or left unconfirmed, on that page. Guest drivers must be registered on the forum and have joined our Discord channel and be present for the Pre-Race Briefing.

RESULT / INFO / STATS

REPLAY

start..

from 30 mins on..

Last edited by a moderator:

Callum Morgan

Donator
My Race.
Practice: P4 (1:42.342)
Done some light fuel runs but not to full quali levels, done some race pace tests on the same tyre set before the end of the session.

Qualifying: P9 (1:42.252)
First run was on the practice set of tyres so got P12 with that, on a mid 43, I went out again on a fresh set towards the end of the session and managed to pretty much equal my PB for P9 on the grid.

Race: P8 (+1LAP)
Not a great initial start but I managed to get up to P7 by the end of sector 1. I slipped back to 9th and then into the second to last corner I caught the inside kerb and went into the gravel on Lap 2 allowing @The_Bag_ pass down the main straight, I kept the gap to Ric and Vlasti ahead to 2 seconds maximum and by lap 23, they had a coming together at Turn 7 and i narrowly slipped through with Ric stopping in an awkward place in the corner. I held P8 until my pitstop shortly before the hour mark, I parked the car too far fowards and lost a lot of time, its one thing in ACC Im yet to figure out how to pit correctly.

I came out 5 seconds behind ric and pushed to close the gap while his tyres were under pressured as he pitted a lap after me, I got back to P8 after he left me a bit more space than I expected up at the double left hander and slipped on by. By this point I had @Vlasti Lukas 25 seconds behind me and knew he's a much quicker driver than me so I kept my laps as good as i could. The final 45 minutes were lonely for positions but i had lapped traffic to deal with, something i hope i'll need to get used to if the current form continues :) I checked the relative every lap after vlasi crossed the line, working it out as a 73 lap race beforehand I saw 1 sec per lap, and around 40 laps to go, assuming i would be done for late on for P9, I kept in the 43s and 44s and fortunately I started to pull back some time in my favour a few laps, half a second here, 1 second there, so I knew if i kept my pace and kept it clean with lapped traffic and letting the leader @Mike Stofmeel lap me I had a solid chance of P8, Onto the final lap I saw the gap at 10 seconds so didnt push, just got to the end in P8.

Thanks to @Greg Metcalf For helping me out and @Christopher Tveråen for putting up with me as a teammate and well done for your awesome P3/P4 Battle.

Last Race of F4s next wednesday so hopefully this upward curve up the field can continue... Thanks to the staff for another great series, and the first in ACC, it was really well run and organised

Top Bottom